Friday, April 1, 2016

A guest arrives

I got up by 8. I read e-mail, drank water, exercised and listened to audios. I went for a walk up the trail but turned around at the exercise station to avoid the steepest part, exercised and walked home. I checked e-mail, and then Myra called. She had been waiting at the round-up with other department heads, not knowing it had been rescheduled for after lunch. We went walking up the mountain by road, and stopped to look at the throw-away pile. We did not see anything we could do without. We went up to the road in front of the water towers to take pics, but it just wasn't a great view, kind of hazy. We went to the top exercise station for a bit then walked on, but turned around at the steepest part of the trail. So we walked around to the other side of the base, and stopped at the commissary to talk to Nela. We saw Chris but he did not see us. We walked to Myra's house and stood talking until her husband came home for lunch. Then I continued on home. Chris had a package for me. He went back to work. I ate seed crackers then made breakfast. I got to eat about half of it before I ran out of time and jumped in the shower. Then I got dressed and walked to the community round-up. I was a little late, but it was easy to slip in since so few people were there and they were mostly up front. I sat behind Myra. After all was said and done, we talked about the open base tomorrow. Erin said if I hung a quilt out for the Koreans to see as they came through looking at the cherry blossoms, they would think I was hanging out my bedding to dry. She also said that trash cans should be put away because someone could hide a prohibited item in one. Myra went to the post office and I went to the commissary. I bought a few things, including garlic since we keep getting bad ones. Myra took me home in her car. We took sewing stuff from her car to my house. Then she went home. I went home to check e-mail and meditate. However, I fell asleep. Myra called to say she and Akia would be walking out in town in half an hour. So I started another meditation, but she called 5 minutes later to say Akia had arrived. So I threw on a long-sleeved overshirt and my backpack. I walked down the hill to meet them. Akia had her baby in a stroller. She had seen the festival last year, so took us around to the rotary circle to see stuff we had not seen before. We ran into Dan and Maricio. We looked at booths selling foods, and toys, and jewelry and hair stuff, and wood stuff, and pottery, etc. One stand allowed guests to fire a rifle, and the reward for hitting the target was a bottle of alcohol (not silly stuffed animals). Koreans stopped to babble at the baby. We also wandered down by the canal. I bought some squid fries. They were very good, but neither Myra nor Akia would try one. We walked back to base. We passed Nela and her family going out to the festival. We each went home. Chris was already home and finishing up supper. He was back from a tour of a mine sweeper. He said Steve was coming over. I removed stuff from the hall bath to give him a place for his stuff. I put a towel and wash cloth in his room. I moved my laptop to the dining room table. I ate an orange while checking e-mail. We sat down to watch CSI. The door bell rang and it was Steve, the man who is staying with us from his pack out date until his departure. He loves to talk. We talked standing in the hall. Finally I said here is your room. He said all he needed was a glass of water. Then we sat down and talked (listened) some more. I heard fireworks go off in town but couldn't see much because of the cherry trees. The talking continued. Eventually Chris said he had to go to bed. Steve said he likes to stay up late. He went to get his luggage. I worked on my blog post. When he got back, I showed him the towels and the bathroom. He said he'd probably be up and out by the time we got up in the morning. He went to his room and I posted to my blog.

No comments: