Thursday, April 14, 2016

Buying flowers

I got up about 8:20. I turned on my laptop and harvested water from the shower filter to drink and heat up in the coffee maker. After drinking the usual quart of water, I put on my bathing suit. I filled two water bottles with hot salt water. I packed my sauna bag and grabbed my yoga mat. I walked down to the gym. I turned on the sauna then got a locker key so I could put all my stuff in the locker. I sat on a towel in the sauna with another towel on my head to keep my hair from drying out. It took at least 20 minutes for the sauna to heat up. I drank my salt water and started to sweat. I did my exercises. My back was still touchy and painful. I stayed in a little after the one hour time limit. Then I took a shower and got dressed for yoga. I went out to the pool where class had just started. It was just Myra and I and then another lady came. So Joelle took it easy on us. Some poses I just couldn't do. Anyway, it seemed like it was over pretty quickly. I got my stuff and walked home, just behind Chris, who apparently did not hear me when I called to him. When we got home, he told me about the arrangements that he made for our trip to Seoul next week. He made himself a sandwich and went back to work. I took my vit C as I read e-mail. Then I had a few seed crackers with homemade mayo. Then I made and ate breakfast and meditated. I called Myra to see if she could remember where we saw gardening tools. I asked if she wanted to come along and she said she had to write a bio for the Ombudsman page. So I walked down there to help her. I ran into Chaun and Danielle, and talked to them for a bit. Then I went to Myra's. I wrote a short bio for her, but she needed a little more for the OAL. Then we walked into town. We went out of our way to find a set of steps that we had seen last week. We ended up behind GS25 market. Then we went to the Foot Shop so Myra could make an appointment to get her shoulder massaged. I wanted to get a foot massage at the same time as hers, but the only person available then was the same lady I had before. No thanks. So he made my appointment right after Myra's and with the same guy. Then we went to the everyday market. First we found a hardware shop. I had a fun time getting the man to understand that I wanted a trowel. But he had one and then I asked for clippers. He had that too, but no rake. Then we tried another store, but still no rake. We sifted through clothing in a second hand shop. We examined flowers at a garden shop. We looked for kimchi on the way to Daiso. Across the street was another flower shop, cheaper than the first. So we each got something there. Myra went in Daiso to get a flower box and dirt. On the way back, we found kimchi. I asked the lady to chop it up and she did. We went back to the first flower shop and I got an inpatients. The lady put it in Myra's flowerbox. Then we walked back to base, stopping at the corner market for strawberries we had seen earlier, but they were all gone. When we got to the base, Jane was standing at the entrance waiting for someone to sign her in. We chatted for a bit, then I hurried to catch up with Myra. There was not time to go home before the FRG meeting at the chapel, so we went there and left our flowers outside. Soon the officers arrived and we gathered in one of the classrooms. Chris was there, too, since he had just attended rosary night – whatever that is. The meeting went ok, but long. We identified problems but had no solutions. Then Chris helped me carry my flowers and kimchi home. I put the kimchi in a jar and the plants outside. We each made and ate our suppers. I read e-mail and listened to part of an audio. Then we watched an episode of CSI together. Chris went to bed because he has to get up for a 5am teleconference. I stayed up looking for the dress pattern that I swear I saved in November, but still did not find it. I wrote to my blog and went to bed.
* The steps led to a bridge and this is what we saw from the bridge. *

No comments: