Thursday, April 28, 2016

Biased flying geese

I got up sometime after my alarm went off. Chris was having breakfast. It was another rainy day. I drank a quart of water and read e-mail, listening to an audio. I put water in the coffee pot to heat. I put on my bathing suit and yoga clothes. I packed my sauna bag with three bottles of water. I did not take bath towels this time. Just before 9:30 I took my yoga mat and bag and went to the gym. I got a locker key from the desk, as well as two gym towels. I turned on the sauna, noting that it was still hot so someone else must have been in there. I sat in the sauna in my suit, on a towel. I had brought my table to listen to audios, but there was no wi-fi connection. I did find an mp3 on the tablet, so I used headphones to block out the gym music and to hear my guided meditation. The padded case kept my tablet from overheating, but the headphone cord got hot. I made a mental note to find the mp3 headphones that Kurt gave me years ago. With a towel on my head to keep it cool, it might be just the thing. After an hour, I came out, and took a shower and got dressed. The gym had a basket for used towels. I left the suit and tablet in the locker. I went into the gym where Joelle was setting up. It was a small class today. Joelle did more flow than static poses. We used the wall for inversions. Afterward, I got my stuff from the locker. I walked out with Myra to her house. She gave me some plastic containers that someone had given her. She also gave me some breakfast cookies, the kind made of just fruit and oatmeal and an egg. When I got home, I hung my suit to dry. I ate a seed cracker with a large dollop of my mayo (coconut, olive and sesame). I jotted notes for my blog. I ate some ox-tail soup. I read e-mail and made another Swanson's order just in time to get 20% off. I thought about making a cloth shower cap to keep my hair cool in the sauna. I found the mp3 headphones and plugged them in to charge. I went to my sewing room to try a new technique for making flying geese rectangles.
I had notes I took from the internet. I used fabric that would go with the fish quilt. While I cut and sewed, I playing interviews on my tablet. When I finished sewing and cutting the first finished rectangle, I could see that all the edges were on bias. I decided it wasn't worth it. I contemplated working on my scarf to kimono project. But, duty won out. I dusted in the bedroom and living area. Then I got out the vacuum cleaner and did the bedroom and master bath. I used a damp mop in the bathroom and the hallway and living area. I was just getting to the foyer when Chris came home. I mopped the foyer after he walked in. He changed clothes and got on his computer. I stacked dishes in the dishwasher. He moved the coffee table and I vacuumed the rug under it. I ate a piece of aloe and cut a thin slice to put behind my ear. Then I crushed a garlic clove. We started watching CSI. After 15 minutes I mixed the clove with hummus and ate it. We finished watching two episodes of CSI. Then he went to bed and I stayed up to post to my blog.

No comments: