Thursday, April 7, 2016

Cherry Blossom canal at night

I woke up hearing Chris at his 5am teleconference. I stayed in bed until 8:30 hoping to go back to sleep. By then the two men had left. I harvested pitchers of water from the shower filter. I drank a quart and put a quart in the coffee maker to heat up. I read e-mail. Then I put on my bathing suit and packed my sauna bag. I put on my galoshes and a plastic rain coat over my regular coat. I added an umbrella and my yoga mat. I walked down to the gym in the pouring rain. I signed out a locker key, then proceeded to get ready for the sauna with my two hot bottles of salt water. I had to turn the sauna on, which started out at 68 degrees. I did my exercises to warm up, and a few yoga stretches. During the hour I was in there, the Korean cleaning lady kept checking, probably hoping to come in when it was empty. After an hour, I took a shower and went to yoga. I took it easy on my back, which wasn't so happy in the sauna, but did ok at yoga. Myra came late and had to leave early. I walked home by myself. I ate seed crackers while reading e-mail. I made and ate breakfast. I made chocolate, but messed up the first recipe because I did not measure correctly and forgot the honey and vanilla. So I made another batch and poured some on top of each of the ones already poured. I read e-mail again. At 4 Steve came in. He proceeded to sit down and talk to me. He told me all kinds of stories, even ones my delicate ears shouldn't be hearing. He told me that if he had a problem with someone, he would have it out with them and not vent to someone else. I tried unsuccessfully to point out the irony of that statement. My back began to hurt so I got up to walk around a little. I tried a piece of chocolate.
He kept talking. Finally I started walking to the back. He followed me, turning on the light in my sewing room. I told him I was heading to the master bathroom. When I was washing my hands afterward, I could hear him asking me a question. I hoped Chris would come home soon, and then he did. Steve went to his room and Chris made himself a burritto. I heated up a bowl of the curry and ate a tomato. Then I changed my clothes, and we walked out in town. The rain had stopped and it was pleasant. I wanted to see the lights. But we also did some shopping. I got a pair of black socks to replace the holey ones I wore to yoga today. It might be a sin in this country to have holes in ones socks. Chris got a turkish kaboba and shared it with me. We stopped at an Indian place and I bought a silk scarf and an embroidered top. We walked around and then towards the canal. I took pictures of the lights there. On the way, we passed a place selling Japanese water cakes. Each one was a large clear bubble, like a jelly fish. I asked what it was made of. He typed something into his phone app and the word 'seaweed' came up. He said there was no sugar in it. So Chris bought me one. The man added what looked like brown sugar but tasted like peanuts, and some honey. It was quite good. After photographing the lights in the canal, we walked back to base. We met Tara and her group coming in. Then we went home. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog and read some more e-mail, and maybe meditate.
* Japanese water cake with peanut something *

No comments: