Monday, April 18, 2016

The foot massage

It was a rough night. Long after we went to bed, my phone rang. A Korean voice was on the other end. I spoke until he hung up. I went back to bed, but he called again 10 minutes later. I refused the call. I had to get up several more times during the night to pee. So I slept late, like 'till 9:30. I checked e-mail, and drank water. I did my exercises while swishing. Nela called and I had to mmmm my way through the call. When the swishing was over, I called her back. She wanted me to go to the five day market with her and Myra at noon. I pushed it to 12:30. I dry brushed and boiled coffee. I checked e-mail. I listened to an audio on liver health. I dust-mopped the floor. I cleaned in the kitchen and bathroom. I got dressed and put on my backpack. I put a small empty box in a grocery sack since it would not fit in my backpack. Then I walked down the hill to Myra's. Nela was just walking up. We walked to the bus stop and waited for a bus to the market. When we got there, we roamed the street. We stopped at several places that sold plants. I bought a bunch of tomato and pepper seedlings and put them in the box. I asked the man to hold them until I came back. Then I found a stand selling strawberries and bought a plateful. As we roamed, I also bought seaweed, cucumbers and a petunia. We found Chaun at the market. She walked with us and then at the end, gave us a ride home. I put my plants on the front porch and the food in the kitchen. I 'drank' some beef broth through straw (even though it was not quite liquid). Then Myra called so I grabbed my tablet and walked down to her place. She got Chaun and we walked to The Foot Shop. Myra went in for her massage. I showed Chaun where the fabric store was and Daiso. She bought some potting soil. Across the street from Daiso was the lady with the marigolds. There were two more yellow and orange ones, so I bought them. We walked back to The Foot Shop. Chaun went home. I sat and played a version of Tetris on my tablet. But my back started to hurt, so I stood up. I tried to load a Kindle book and Nela showed up. So I talked to her until 5. We went inside the shop. Nela took pics. The man had me get a locker that had clogs in it. I exchanged them for my shoes. Then went in the dressing room to change. When I came out, he set me to soak my feet in warm water while drinking bamboo tea. Nela hung around until Myra came out. Then they went to Daiso. The masseuse came and dried off my feet with a towel. I had trouble getting up to follow him. It was a room with big stuffed chairs. He indicated one and I sat down. It laid back which was really nice. He rubbed some lotion on my legs and feet. Then he proceeded to massage them. Part of the massage was very relaxing and I enjoyed the faint piano music in the background. But, he could tell which spots hurt and he REALLY pressed on those spots. I tried not to react, but it was quite painful. Working on my left foot, he then pointed to my spleen. I guess that was the meridian that correlated to the point. When he moved to the right foot, he went directly to the spots that hurt on the left foot. Then he massaged up my leg, and then points on either side of the pubic bone. He indicated that spots on my feet correlated to those spots as well. Then he tied my legs in knots like yoga positions. He sat behind me and pulled my arms back, placing his foot on my spine. I was sure my lower back would complain but it kept silent. Then he handed me my locker keys. I thanked him and went to change back. At the counter, the clerk put a small yogurt drink on a tray, but I declined. I got my fanny pack out and paid him. Nela and Myra were waiting for me. Myra told me how the masseuse had pressed, prodded and rotated her shoulder. She could now raise it as high as the other one, which she could not do before. It still hurt, but she was pleased. Nela said she wasn't going to get a massage after listening to us. We walked back to base. Nela and Myra stopped to pick up pizza for supper. I went home. Chris was finishing up supper. I made and ate breakfast while checking e-mail. Then we watched two episodes of CSI, with an ice pack on my back. I finished today's Sudoku puzzle and posted to my blog.
* I really wanted the hydrangea on the middle left *

No comments: