Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Alone again

I heard my alarm go off at 7:30 and prayed for 5 more minutes of sleep. I got up at 8, not sure if I had actually slept for 5 minutes during the previous half hour. I quickly stuffed the recyclables into separate bags and took them out to the curb. I turned on my computer, then filled my 4 cup measure with water to drink. I swished and read e-mail. Chris came home from PT, took a shower and went to work. I washed up and got dressed. I put on an audio and took my laptop to my sewing room to listen to while I gathered up the fish blocks and pieces. Steve got up so I asked if there was anything he needed before I left. He said no, and he would leave the key on the table when he left. Myra knocked at the door. I shut off my laptop. We moved supplies to her car, then drove to the chapel. The front door was open and our room was set up, but no one was there and the offices were locked. Myra remembered that today is a voting day in Korea. We set up her machine and my iron and cutting board. She sewed while I drew lines and cut and pressed. I took a break to use the bathroom, but it was locked, as was the men's room. Each had an out-of-order sign that said to go to another building. So I ran to the FFTC. When I got back, I resumed cutting and pressing. We were going to pack up at noon if no one showed up. But just then the interim chaplain came and he talked about his deer farm, and hunting and such. It was interesting but after awhile, I was ready to go home. It was after 1 when we packed her car and she drove me home. I found Steve's luggage in the foyer, but his shoes were gone. I made breakfast and ate it while reading e-mail. Steve came back and dropped the key on the table. He kissed me on both cheeks. His taxi beeped. So I wished him a good trip and he took his luggage and left. I ate a piece of aloe, resumed reading, and then I meditated. Nela came over to order yarn. She had wanted to go to the 5-day market, but it was raining. So we sat at my laptop and chose skeins from Jo-anns. I gave her one of the thread stands and she promised to pay for the yarn tonight. Then she went to Myra's house. Chaun wanted the thread stand so I put one by my purse to bring later. I read e-mail, and found Gerrie's number. I called, but there was no response. I worked on the claim appeal letter. I jotted notes for my blog. I got out fabric to make a dress I had seen instructions for back in November. But search as I did, I could not find any sign of it on my computer or on the website I thought I got it from. Finally I jumped in Chris' car and drove to the FFTC. I got there before Myra and only slightly ahead of Nela. She set up the room while I carried stuff in. At first it was just the three of us and we worked on fish blocks. Then Hai Wa showed up and Myra helped her make three bags for her mother in the nursing home. Nela played music on her smart phone for us to listen to. I was determined to pack up and be out by 8:30 because last week we ended up staying until 9:30. While I was packing up, Gerrie returned my earlier call, so I promised to call her back in 10 minutes. Nela helped me carry my machine out and I drove home. All I brought in from the car was the box of mats, rulers and fish blocks. We had 49, which was enough. I called Gerrie and we had a nice chat and agreed to get together next week in Seoul. Then I sat down to read the latest e-mail until Chris was ready. Then we watched two episodes of CSI. He went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* I saw this dress at a second-hand store and wondered what body type would look good in it. *

No comments: