Tuesday, April 26, 2016

NEO training

I got up after 8. Chris had already left. I separated the fabrics I bought in Seoul and washed them in two loads with the t-shirts. I drank water and read e-mail. I folded the rest of the laundry and put mine away. Anna called to tell me about the hat-making party at her house, but I said I already made a hat and I had stuff to do. I went outside to water the plants. I saw Kelly and we got into a conversation. She gave me her two roses. We agreed to hang our daisies and carnations on the fence out front. She asked me to make hummus for the lemonade party next week. I went inside to take out the first load from the dryer and fold it before putting in the second load. Then I grabbed my mat and headed for yoga. I was a little late, but it was ok. Kelly was there and Joelle took it easy on us. After yoga, I walked back with Myra. We talked about digging up hosta from one of the empty houses. I told her to call me after lunch to go out in town to set up another massage appointment. I made and ate breakfast while reading e-mail. One had links to sewing projects. I started out looking at bags, thinking to make one as a prize for the party. But I got sidetracked looking for that dress tutorial that I never found. And then I saw tutorials for making kimonos out of scarves, and tying scarfs into tops. I put on my sundress and tried tying scarves over it, but what looked good on a skinny 25 yo did nothing for my body type. So I gave some thought as to how to make a kimono robe out of some scarf material. I actually cut a straight edge on one, and sewed it to the other panel. But the ends did not match up. So I took out most of the seam and pinned it and sewed it again. That is when I realized that I sewed rst, not wst as in the start of a french seam. Arrgg! I did not want to take it out again, so I got out the serger which had no pedal. I searched the house to find it. Then I serged the seam and pressed it. I buried the thread tails in the seam. Chris came home. He brought me a package from Swansons. I ate some leftovers and a cucumber. Then I put my shoes on and we walked to the chapel for NEO training. The man with a thick Peruvian accent read the slides, explaining lots of things that did not apply to most of us. I wished he had said more about what goes in a NEO bag. But he was more concerned with the people who did not have their gas masks. Myra asked how long a gas mask would operate. The man said from 24 to 72 hours, depending on the level of contamination. BUT, after 24 hours, you would have other more pressing problems. Anyway, we had to sign a sheet saying we were there. We stood around talking, and then walked back part of the way with Myra. When we got home, I read more e-mail and did today's puzzle. I prepared the recyclables for tomorrow morning. Chris made popcorn and cued up the next CSI episode. We watched three of them. He went to bed and I stayed up to write up the events of the day. I drank a mug of bentonite and psyllium husk mixed with water. I opened the Swanson's box. I took a pic of my project in process. Then I posted and went to bed.

No comments: