Sunday, April 3, 2016

Admiral Yi Ritual Ceremony

I stayed in bed late. Chris got up to make coffee and read e-mail, then came back for a shower but ended up back in bed with me. At 9:15, I got up to make breakfast and read e-mail. I showered and got dressed. Chris took me to church, then went to work. I talked to Sue and Linda, Jane was not there. I sat through the service. Chris picked me up, we went home. I changed into pants, and ate some nuts. We drove to Duffy's, then walked, following the CO and CSO and Ms. Pae out to Admiral Yi circle. There were seats in the rain. We were offered disposable rain coats. We sat through a long undecipherable ceremony. A lady dressed in a cherry-blossom colored hanbok did a dance with a scarf. Men in ornamental outfits bowed and sat and did stuff. Then people from the audience were tapped to come up and bow at the feet of Admiral Yi's picture. Lots of fruit stacked there. Chris got tapped, twice. The CO and CSO and CPO went up as well. After sitting in the rain for an hour, we walked back to base. We drove our car back to home. I took off my shoes inside because my feet were wet. I put some green tea packets in a quart of water to drink while listening to an audio. I fixed the block that I worked on yesterday. Then I looked at the differing instructions to decide which block to make next. I ended up cutting light blue squares and rectangles in the sun room. Then Stive came home. We sat around the table talking. Chris heated up the vegetarian curry. We all ate, then I crushed some garlic cloves and ate them with hummus. The conversation continued long into the evening. Finally I wrote to my blog while still conversing. I hope to post and go to bed soon.

No comments: