Saturday, September 24, 2016

70th anniversary celebration

I got up soon after 7. I washed up and got dressed. I took out the food waste and watered the plants. I drank my chocolate shake. I put some seed crackers in my bag. I put on my Xero shoes, picked up my rolling cart and headed out. It was 8am by the time I got to the bus by the gym. I climbed on and sat with Denee. Soon we were on our way to Daegu. I talked to Denee the whole way and we got to know each other. The bus dropped us off at the fabric market. Kelly told us we could split up, but to meet back at 1:30. Myra, Denee, myself and Bernie headed to the bathroom and then the third floor. Myra took us to the 2000 won man. We shopped for fabric there, both personally and for the sewing group. I looked around the general vicinity for fabric to match my stripes. Soon they were finished there and we walked around. We ran into Elizabeth and Jaydyn, who hung around with us after that. I shopped with Elizabeth while the others looked at thread and snaps, etc. Then we all went to the 4th floor to look around. Jaydyn pushed my cart after his mother put her bag in with my bags. It was easier for me and he enjoyed it. I don’t remember what we got on the 4th floor. Then we went to the basement to get something to eat. Bernie stopped at one place that specialized in kimbap. We each got a roll to go. Elizabeth had found a place that sold watermelon juice, so we all went over there and got one. Then we went outside to see some fabric I had spotted last time. I bought a piece. Then around the corner we found some benches and sat and ate. The ladies told me I had great legs. When it was time to meet the bus, we walked back to the bus stop. But the lane was full of cars waiting to turn, so I walked in the direction the bus was going to come to pick us up. Others were not sure it was a good idea, but when I found the bus, the driver was willing to pull over and pick us up. It saved us having to wait in line for the parking lot. Denee and I talked on the way back. It took longer to get back than to get there. And when we did, some of the roads on base were blocked due to the open base event. Myra’s cart wheel broke, so Bernie got her car and picked up her and Denee and me. She dropped off Myra first and then Denee and I got out at the same place. I rolled my bag of fabric into the house and let it sit. I had a bite of seed cracker and read e-mail. Chris was gaming and keeping tabs on the laundry. I started listening to an audio, and he paused his game. We walked down to the tennis court. It was full of bouncy houses and people. There was a bandstand full of music stands and rows of chairs facing it. We joined the throngs. Chris got something to eat from a vendor selling nacho salad. We talked to several people. Then I took pics of the band marching around until they reached the bandstand. We walked into the parking lot and spoke to the PTO people selling Thai salads. Then we looked at the pics set up by our history buff. Throngs of Koreans were flocking to see the fire engines and the MWR games. Danielle brought her big dog Thunder. I could see that the Koreans wanted to pet it but were intimidated by its size. Then we walked back into the tennis courts. I watched and listened to the band for a while but the music was very Asian and I got bored. So we walked home. I read e-mail for over an hour. Then Chris got folding chairs from the shed. We sat and watched the fireworks explode over our house. Best seats ever! I thought this would be a heck of a time for the next earthquake to hit. We went back inside as it was getting cool. Chris went back to his game. I completed my order from Swanson. I tried to order from Amazon but it would not give me free shipping. The problem was that one of the items had a free shipping offer on it from the company so it did not count toward the total for Amazon free shipping. Arrgh! So I added a bunch of stuff I can get locally just to up the total. I fired up my new laptop to watch Netflix. It did not want to connect but Chris bypassed the home page and went to the login page. I watched two episodes of Bones season 11 on my new laptop. At one point it just stopped running. Chris closed the window and restarted it, then it played fine. God only knows what happened. Then I deleted some e-mail with my new laptop and shut it down. I wrote my blog post on my old laptop and went to bed.

No comments: