Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Version 3

I did not sleep well again last night. The cicadas were loud and I flipped upside down on the mattress to get my head farther from the window. I got up at 7:15 and found that Chris was already up. He hadn’t gone running, but was reading e-mail. I drank a quart of water and got dressed. I put the food waste out and checked the yellow bowl of flowers for overwatering (since it rained again last night). Chris took a shower and went to work, I greeted my new tapping buddy online, but he thought we were meeting tomorrow, so I read e-mail instead. About 8:45 I realized I could go to Daegu with Nela after all. I texted Nela, but they had left already. I muscle-tested the supplements I was running out of to see if my body still wanted them. The results were frustratingly inconsistent. I read articles on uses for beeswax. One is cotton fabric soaked in beeswax yields a moldable cover for dishes and food that replaces plastic wrap and is reusable. I might make one if I can find my organic cotton fabric. Chris came home for lunch. I kept reading e-mail and listened to a couple of audios. Chris took the car back to work in case he needed to drive John somewhere. But 5 minutes later he called and asked me to bring him his CAC card. So I grabbed it from the card reader and headed toward his office. He met me halfway to get it. I wondered why he did not drive home to get it if he needed it quickly. I spent a long time selecting a contrasting fabric for my next try at making a dress, version 3. I wanted to use the striped fabric, but I had nothing of similar weight to use as a contrast, so I went with the floral on black. I tweaked the bust fit on both previous versions. I re-did the hem on my shorts. I added one sleeve to the purple dress (version 2), then decided that finishing the dress was not important. I had a bite to eat. I cleared more e-mail. I prepared the pattern pieces and pinned them to the black floral fabric. I cut them out and sewed in the darts. Chris came home from work and made himself supper. In trying to pin the sides to the front, I realized that I hadn’t cut the front from the contrast fabric yet. So I did that, and pinned the first set of seams. I stopped to make and eat breakfast. I put magnesium glycinate in water but it did not dissolve as a previous product did. One of the reviews on Amazon had said to add an acid. So I tried ascorbic acid. No. Lemon juice, no. Vinegar, no. I drank it and scraped up the particles left behind. I posted to the community Facebook page that we would be teaching a class on making iron caddies tomorrow. We watched Stranger Things on Netflix. Neither of us were impressed. Chris changed the sheets around so we could sleep upside down again. I found earplugs, which gave me hope that I might sleep tonight in spite of the cicadas. He went to sleep while I stayed up. I cleared the latest e-mail. I listened to an audio from the Tooth summit. There was no working link so I had to work out the name of the podcast address. I jotted notes to my blog while I listened. I figured out how to download the rest of the pics Jane sent. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* Jane took this pic of me in Busan trying on evening dresses. *

No comments: