Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Last class at the chapel

When I woke up this morning, Chris was gone. He had an early VTC. I slept in late having gone to bed late. The morning light was coming through the window because the earthquake had dislodged the weak tension rod. Finally I got up to quickly get dressed and water the plants. Then I sat down to skype with Tina. She was taking certification classes in EFT and needed do to case reports. She helped me work on surrogate tapping issues. After we finished, she sent me tapping articles, which I did not have time to read because I had to get ready for class. I cut fabrics for iron caddy kits. Then I bundled it up, grabbed the second quilt of valor and hurried out. On the way to the chapel, I ran into the kindergarten class. Mari and Elizabeth were taking them to the gym. The kids seemed so well behaved. I had to wait for them to clear the steps. So I was late to sewing class, but there was no one there. I worked on binding until Linda came. Anna and Terry came with their lunch – a hotdog meal from a fundraiser. Suzanne came and Myra, then later Liann came with her lunch. And Nela. It became a true stitch-n-bitch. But we all had a good time, I think. Myra and I stayed late to help Linda finish her project, but I left around 2. I stopped at the chapel office to make sure they knew to leave the door open tonight and that we would take all our stuff with us since it was our last class. I went home to make breakfast and to read e-mail. I got a Facebook message asking about a tool for adhering plastic snaps. So I called Myra to see if she had one. She did not, but she agreed to go walking with me later. I wrote back an answer to the Facebook question. I read e-mail and ate part of my breakfast. Myra called to say she was ready so I put on my shoes and headed out. She met me at her parking lot. Then we walked out into town to the massage place. We made appointments for next week. The clerk seemed to be saying that Mr. Kim might not be coming back. Very sad. Then we walked into the market to look at plants. She got some succulents. They are not my favorite but so interesting – like from another planet. We visited other plant places too. I found a papaya plant – the leaves are strong medicine. We carried our plants home. I followed her home. She showed me her new dress for the Navy Ball. It was nice and I could see how it was similar to last year’s dress. Her husband came home while she was on the phone. When she was done, we walked out together. She went to the commissary and I walked home. I read e-mail and rested. I opened my amazon boxes: there was a yoga mat and four bags of cacao nibs. I picked some lettuce leaves and sweet potato leaves for a salad. Chris came home about 6:15. We talked a bit and we worked on covering the window again. Then I drove to the chapel. It was our last time to meet there. Princess was already there, and Mari. Myra came, as well as Suzanne and Nela. Anna came and passed out large apples. Myra helped Mari, I helped Nela, and Nela helped a Philippine lady to knit. We stayed late so Nela could finish her iron caddy. We packed up everything and split it between our cars. Anna gave me raw cashews from her trip to the states. Then we drove home separately. Chris was already home from his movie, Suicide Squad. He said it was ok but he was glad he hadn’t paid state-side prices for it. I read e-mail and listened to an audio from the Tooth Summit. I looked at links that Tina sent me. Then it was time to blog and go to bed. As I wrote, I thought about all the little things that made yesterday and today just a little unusual.

No comments: