Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Hassles with Housing

Chris left early because he did not go to PT. He had a different kind of exercise in mind. I got dressed and messaged my tapping buddy that we could start early if he wanted. I went outside to water the plants. I talked to our new neighbor coming back from PT. I wrote a tapping script for sadness. At 9 my tapping buddy came online. He changed his issue and we worked on that for half an hour. Then the call ended. I thought his phone died. I called back but he did not answer. Around 10 I messaged him asking if everything was ok. He wrote back that he called me twice. I wrote that I called him once and thought his phone died. It was the oddest thing. We agreed to meet at the same time next week. Myra called and asked me to call her when I left for Housing. I made breakfast and ate it quickly. I looked for my mats but could not find them, so I grabbed an old one. I drove there because the machine and two baskets were in the trunk. I arrived a few minutes early as they asked, but when I got there, they had a ‘can we help you?’ attitude? Mr. Ha gave me a satisfaction survey to fill out for residential housing. Another man came with a form on a clipboard. We went upstairs to the room and discussed finding it neat and clean and leaving it neat and clean. He marked the pre-inspection as good. We also discussed storage. He gave me a temporary code to get in the door afterhours. I had forgotten to call Myra but she came and soon other people came. She brought in her stuff and I went to get mine. Her cutting board was damaged from being left in her car. Nothing she had tried helped. I brought the only small one I could find. The regular ones got lost when I threw things to both sides to catch the centipede. Suzanne worked on her pillow cover. Anna worked on her potholder. Linda worked on a circle skirt. I brought a quilt to work on, but the conversation was more interesting. I was assured if I became president of the FRG they would support me. They said I could be the face of the FRG. (Maybe for Halloween or April Fool’s). Anna, Myra and I signed the fish quilt label. It was almost 2 by the time we cleaned up and put the chairs and tables away. Suzanne followed me home. We looked at pics of gowns on my secret Pinterest page. Then she had to leave. I picked lettuce and added yesterday’s tomato to make a salad. I put 3 hairbows in a Priority mail box and slapped the label I had filled out last month on the front. I walked it to the post office to mail it. But I hadn’t filled out the whole customs form so I had to do it there. I came home to read e-mail, have a bite to eat and listen to audios from the Matrix Reimprinting Summit. I made pattern pieces for my next version of the dress. At 6:15 I left my computer in order to get ready for the evening sewing class. I found the cutting mats. I decided to take the quilt to work on binding. I walked down to Housing, arriving right on time. No one was waiting. I punched in the code but nothing happened. I started it with an asterisk and a place for the digits popped up on the screen. But typing in the code still did not open the door. I called Myra, and then Kelly for suggestions. Kelly called Elizabeth, but still the problem remained. I called Mr. Ha in charge of Housing. He said the code did not get changed. So he had to give me the real code. That worked. I promptly forgot it because I wasn’t supposed to know it. There was no light switch to light up the foyer. So I found the elevator in the dark and went to the second floor. Again, I had trouble with the lights. But finally they were on. I sat down to work on the binding. Then there was a knock at the fire door. I opened it to find Evelyn. She wanted to make another apron. So I got her started. Myra called from the front door for me to let her in. I did and she said there was a thing on the door to make it motion sensitive. Why had Housing not mentioned any of this to me? She had to find it in the dark. Then we went upstairs to help Evelyn. Anna came later, and then Suzanne with her kids. It was a good female bonding session, with sewing. It was after 8:30 when we packed up and cleaned up. We left the tables and chairs just as we had found them. Myra, Anna and I hung back to figure out how to stop the door from opening. Myra said we needed to know the code, but I had forgotten it. She and Anna figured out how to change the ‘thing’ beside the door. Myra and I talked on the sidewalk until Anna left. Then we split up and went home. I found Chris on his laptop. I emoted about the trouble with getting into Housing. Chris emoted about how our new laptops got send to Daegu by mistake. Then we sat together and watched an episode of House. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to finish my blog post.
* Jane and I at the restaurant last night. *

No comments: