Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Good bye and hello

I had a hard time sleeping last night due to fears about the earthquake and not knowing where that centipede went. I got up about 7:15. Chris left early for work. I got dressed and watered the potted plants. I drank water and checked e-mail. I sent a message to my tapping buddy, but he thought we were meeting tomorrow. So I listened to audios while reading e-mail. I talked to Nela and then Myra. She said she saw a truck loaded with boxes going up the hill. I opened my windows and looked out. The truck was in front of the duplex next door. I made seed crackers. I collected the quilt label and a pigma pen. I also grabbed Joelle’s gift. I headed to the gym. I saw Nela coming from Myra’s house. I got her to sign the quilt label. Then we hugged and said our goodbyes. She leaves early tomorrow morning. I continued on to the gym. I handed the gift to Joelle. Then she led us in an hour of yoga. Afterward, she opened the gift and promised to wear it next week. I walked back with Myra. When I got home, I made and ate breakfast. I was about to put on an audio when Chris came home for lunch. He brought boxes, both mailed and unmailed. He opened the large box and it contained headphones and t-shirts from the laptop company.
I read e-mail while listening to audios from the Medicinal Supplement summit. At 3 I went outside to mow. I had to water plants in the back first because they were wilted. Then I mowed the front yard. I realized how late it was, so I put mower away and went inside to check phone for a call from Chris but there was not one. He came in the door as I was putting my shoes on. I went outside while he was putting on his gym shorts under his suit. I ran into our new neighbor who introduced herself and we had a nice if hurried chat until Chris showed up. He and I hoofed it down the hill. I ran into Myra coming back from her massage. I told her I had finally met our new neighbor. We hurried off post and down the street into town. We ran part of the way. But when we got to the bus stop, Jane said we had just missed it because it came early. So we waited for the next one. In the end it did not matter. We did not have correct change. I handed the bus driver $20 and a .50 cent piece to pay for the three of us. Chris waited until the change came back. Jane and I took our seats. Then the bus took off. It stopped plenty of times before it got to Busan. We got off at the first stop, Hadan, and took the subway to Bumil. From there we walked to the fabric market and the tailor shop behind it. We paid more of the bill. Chris tried on the tux jacket, one suit jacket, one pair of suit pants and the tux shirt. Chris looked so good in his new well-tailored pants that both Jane and the tailor patted him on the butt. She said she didn’t, but I was watching. We discussed how to get the suits home next Tuesday. Carrying them on the subway and then the bus seemed like a bad idea as they would get wrinkled at the least. Then we thanked the man and went to the bank. Chris got more cash. Jane led us to a restaurant. She ordered two meals that fed two people each. But we ate it all. In addition to the usual assortment of side dishes, there was fish, and some kind of meat and root and an eel soup. There was a plate of leaves to wrap the meat in to eat it. I liked the lettuce ones, but not the sesame ones. There was one that looked like a maple leaf, but tasted like celery. And some mustard green leaves. We ate it all except some of the fish. It had a lot of little bones in it. As we headed toward the subway, we passed a stand selling steamed corn on the cob. Jane showed an interest, so I bought her a package of three. Then we entered the subway and rode to Hadan. We went out exit one and the bus stop was right there. Chris bought tickets while Jane and I sat. We had a bit of a wait but the bus was empty and we easily found seats. It was a quiet trip back. Jane got off at an early stop. We got off where we got on. As we walked toward the base, we passed a grocery store, so we stopped in for lemons. When we got home, I put them in the fridge, along with the two cobs of corn that Jane gave back to me. Chris went to bed after reading a little e-mail. I stayed up to clear mail and download today’s pics and to write to my blog.
* Doesn't Chris look good in his new pants? *

No comments: