Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Picking up the suits

I got up, got dressed, and watered the plants. I drank water while deleting e-mail and listening to the next interview from the Alzheimers summit. I took notes: GABA, NAC, gingko, Coemzyme Q10, vit E. Pre-alzheimers is when the memory is fine, focus is fine, but there is less blood flow to middle part of brain. Brain and memory power boost ingredients: n-acetyl cysteine, Acetyl l-carnitine, vinpocetine, huperzine A, gingko biloba, ALA, phosphytidyl serine. Then I started listening to an interview from the Detox summit. 5 steps to detox: detect, drain, eliminate, rebuild, detox. Cellulite is a sign of lymphatic backup. He recommended DMSA, ALA, glutathione, CytoDetox, and activated charcoal.
I clipped corners from the fabric I bought on Saturday. I threw half in the washer. I made a to-do list. , Myra called. I drank my chocolate shake with coconut water, oil and MCT. I took the fabric from the washer and put it in the dryer. I took my mat and went to yoga. Joelle was wearing the pants I had given her, the ones with the muscles on it. We stretched and practiced different types of handstand inversions. After class, I walked out with Myra. We agreed to go walking after lunch. I went home and made breakfast. I put the second load of fabric in. After I had eaten, there was a knock at the door. It was the team installing new blinds. I had forgotten that was today. I folded laundry while they took down the old blinds. I put the clothes in the bedroom and took down the curtain to make their job easier. When I went back out to the living room, I saw the new blinds and realized they were different from the old ones. I folded the fabric in dryer, and put more wet fabric in. Before the men left, one asked me if I liked the color of the new blinds. It was too dark to see the color. I turned the lights on. He said others liked the dark color. I said it would be good for keeping street lights from coming in the bedrooms. After he left, I ate two plums. I finished an audio on fat. Apparently, fat cells are so ravenous that they scavenge all the nutrition for themselves, leaving the rest of your body hungry so you overeat. At least, that is what happens when you eat processed foods.
I put bread mix in the machine for Chris. I called Myra at 2:30, then met her on the street. She came into my house to see the blinds. She did NOT like them, so she called Housing and canceled her installation. I wish I could have done that. We walked up to a house to deliver some papers. Their little dog kept jumping up on our legs. It would have been ok but he also kept peeing on the floor so his paws were covered in urine. Yuck. We got to see their new baby, and then we left. Jane called to say she would be at the post at 3:30. It wasn’t enough time to get to the Nex, buy a pillow, get back and walk to the gate. Plus I had to wash off all the dog pee. So she walked on alone and I went home to wash off and change my clothes. Chris called to ask if I had money to pay the tailor. I got what I could find and grabbed the third pot of lip balm. I walked down the hill to find him talking to Myra. He and I walked to the gate. We were slightly early but Jane and her taxi friend were already there. We all greeted one another and got in the van. We got to Busan in record time, but then drove at a crawl to the fabric market. It took as long to get to the tailor as it did to get to Busan. Taxi man parked in the parking deck. We all walked out together, first stopping at the restrooms, and then at the bank where Chris used the ATM. From there we went to the tailor behind the fabric market. The new suits were hanging up among the bolts of fabric. I took one picture and Jane proceeded to take many. Then while Chris handled the payment and he and Taxi man carried off the suits, Jane and I went into the fabric market building to find the dress stall. This was not my idea. We went back to the same place as before. I looked through the dresses and tried on one, in blue velvet. It was ok except for the bling on the shoulders. I showed the lady the pic of me from last time and she pulled a matching blue dress from a plastic bag. It was a size smaller but I tried it on. Jane was very happy with it. The price had not changed and the lady said alterations could be made for free and in 20 minutes. She pinned the loosed armsceye and the hem, estimating length based on my estimate of the shoes I bought weeks ago. I wasn’t so sure, but I paid anyway. The lady hurried off with the dress. Jane found a place selling underwear and found a belly-reducing foundation garment. She convinced the proprietor to let me try it on. Then Jane and I went back to the dress booth. She blocked the doorway while I tried on the garment. She thought it fit but I thought it was too long. Still, I had measured my stomach before and after and it was smaller in the garment. I told Jane I did not have the money to get it. It was a lie but I had honestly forgotten. Just as I changed out of the garment, the lady returned with the dress. I put the foundation garment on again and the dress over it. It looked ok. Jane paid the second lady while the first lady put the dress in a bag. Then Jane pulled me with her as she located a jewelry booth. We showed them a pic of me wearing the blue dress. The lady tried to find a necklace in silver and blue to go with it. There was only one and it was too chunky. I convinced Jane that we needed to get back to the van. As we left, the tailor called to tell Jane that he had some food for her. She must have told him she was hungry. We left the building and found the tailor. He gave her a bag with two apples and three eggs. Jane had me call Chris to say we would be there soon. But she pulled me along to the food vendors. She bought 4 big puffs of dough with red bean paste inside. She tried to find someone with a knife to cut the apples. After 4 tries, someone did. Then we walked to the parking deck. Chris came out to meet us. We went to the second floor and climbed in the van. Jane passed each of us half an apple and a bean puff. The taxi driver drove to the parking attendant and Chris paid. Chris also paid Jane for the foundation garment. Then the driver drove into town to head back to Chinhae. We each ate our apple half. I ate a little bit of dough and much of the bean paste, but there was a lot of dough in that thing. I gave the rest to Chris. Jane ate half of her puff and the apple. She fed the taxi driver at intervals. There was much traffic getting through Busan, but then it cleared out. When we got to Chinhae, the driver dropped Jane off at her apartment building. It was raining, so I called Myra who had offered to come get us. She met us at the gate. We transferred the 5 suits and 1 tux to her car. Chris paid the taxi driver. Myra drove us home where we thanked her and brought the suits inside. I ate a frozen persimmon. We watched one episode of Bones: Hodgins ended up paralyzed. I sat down to write up the day’s events for my blog.
* this is the velvet dress *

No comments: