Friday, September 2, 2016

Working for the perfect fit

I stayed in bed even after Chris left for work, probably around 8. I got up at 8:25. I drank some water and pulled up e-mail. It was a rainy morning and I had a slight headache. Myra called to ask about the community roundup. She had heard that it was changed to a department head meeting at 606. So I called Chris. He went to check on it. He called me back to say that community roundup was next week, so I called Myra and passed that on. A little later a notice appeared on the Facebook page. After I hung up with Myra, I went back to my e-mail. I did not feel well. I stopped to meditate. I listened to audios. I took a nap. Chris came home for lunch, bringing me a package and telling me that they were still out of Priority Mail boxes. They will be closed for the next four days. I laid down again. Chris went back to work. I got up later to go back to e-mail. I wanted to sew but it was too hard on my eyes. The easiest thing was to listen to audios. I did today’s puzzle. At some point, I finished the binding on the fish quilt. Then I went to my sewing room to work on the dress pattern. I put on the purple dress and pinned some tweaks. Then I stitched the pinning into place. I tried it on again and pinned some more and stitched that. Then I pinned green ribbon down the center seam line to get a good look at the center front. The final dress will have a contrasting center front. I asked for Chris’ opinion. He thought the front panel would look better if it were narrower in the waist and wider in the hips. Armed with all my tweaks, I re-drew the pattern pieces, adding darts and moving seam lines ever so slightly. I wasn’t sure how to change the side panels to match the changes in the center front, but I tried. It also needed to be 15 inches longer in the final form. I was taping paper together for that when Chris said he was ready to watch TV. We watched two episodes of Castle. Chris went to bed, and I took the last of my supplements for the day. I hadn’t had breakfast but I wasn’t hungry. I typed up my blog post and went to bed.

No comments: