Friday, September 9, 2016

Watch out for the CDC

It was after 9 when I got up. I heard the alarm go off, but since I was not wearing my watch, I could not track the time after that. I got dressed and went outside to water the potted plants and seedlings. I swished while I was out there. When I came in, I spit out the coconut oil, and rinsed my mouth. I drank a quart of water. Then I savored three packets of vitamin C. I did a meditation guided by Dawson Church. Then I listened to a video while emptying the dishwasher and making breakfast. It included a meditation which I sat down for a part of. While I ate, I read an article about how the CDC published an NPRM – a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking – with the title “Rules for the Control of Communicable Diseases.” The article talked about the worst points of it and asked people to go comment on the website set aside for such things. So I went there and read some of the comments. Then I read the notice itself and was alarmed at how general the wording was, leaving it open to all kinds of abuse. I told Chris about it while he was home for lunch. It said people could be detained in a pre-communicable stage. Airline crew may determine possible contagion by symptoms such a headache with stiff neck, or persistent coughing (defined in part by complaints by other passengers). Someone could be ‘detained’ for up to 72 hours. I left a comment implying I was not in favor of it. I wrote a check and put it in an envelope for Chris to mail (he has the stamps). I measured parts of Mandy’s dress and took pics so I could return it to her. I watched a video on how you should not sign an opt-out agreement (there are no benefits to you, only them) and if asked to sign an agreement for something that may contain risk (smart meters, vaccinations, etc), ask them to sign a conditional acceptance agreement (template is provided on Freedomtaker website) which states that they are fully and personally liable for all consequences. Apparently this is guaranteed under “Right of Contract”. You have the right to refuse a dangerous proposal unless the company agrees to insure you against the risk. I came across the word ‘auscultation’ and had to look it up.
I put the food waste through the blender and poured it on the garden. The eggshells met a similar fate. I listened to more audios while I sewed the last two seams of the version 3 dress. I tried it on and made notes on the pattern for suggested tweaks. Chris came home and made supper while I worked on the neck facing. He brought mail which included a card from MaryAnn and a note from Dad. I decided the dress neckline needed a bit of piping which I worked on until it was time to leave for the movie. We walked to the theatre. I went to the bathroom while Chris paid for admission. Then we went in and sat in the dark. The movie was “Jason Bourne”. I closed my eyes during fight scenes and the last car chase. When we got home, we looked up some of the female actresses to see if we had seen them in other things. Then somehow I got started looking at dresses worn by Keira Knightley. Some of them do not do her justice. That was followed by a bevy of dresses from Pride and Prejudice. I made myself stop so I could blog and go to bed.

No comments: