Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Iron caddy class

I heard the alarm go off in the living room. I realized Chris was already gone, probably to PT. I stayed in bed to do some mental programming. Then I got up and dressed. I bagged up the recyclables and carried them out to the curb. I collected up all the produce bags, kept the 5 best ones and put the rest in the recycling bin for next week. I watered the potted plants. I saw that the peas were being eaten even though they were covered with tulle (fine netting). So I took off the tulle. I found a caterpillar underneath the seedlings. I threw it in the ditch. I moved the small pea seedlings to the front porch. I made little cardboard sleeves for two of the larger ones and planted them, one in the front bed and one in the side bed where the squash plants are withering away. I drank a quart of lemon water. Myra called and it ran over the 9am start time for my skype call. I called him when I hung up with her. We worked on perfectionism. After hanging up with him, I watered the peas and took a shower. I saw an e-mail from Linda wanting a strip of stabilizer so I threw that in my bag and headed to class. I hoped to be early to make a pattern for the iron caddy but I was only 5 minutes early and Suzanne was waiting for me. Linda came in soon and later, Myra. But Myra had to leave early. So I helped Suzanne with her gi pants and Linda with her daughter’s costume. Chris stopped by to say there was no mail. I had time to trace the iron caddy and all its folds. Chong came and picked out a quilt from a magazine, but it required a special panel fabric. At 10 till 1, Nela came in to start on the iron caddy project. She got some cutting done. After she left, we all left. I came home to have breakfast. I started a loaf of bread. I changed clothes and went outside to mow. I mowed the lawn next door as well. It started raining on me, but it was light so I stayed on task until it was finished. I came in to check e-mail and drink water. I called Myra, but she was still in Daegu. I sewed a few seams on my version 3 dress. Chris came home for supper. , Went to class, first one there, Linda came in with her daughter, She wanted to work on the costume but her little girl kept her busy cutting up scraps to make an impromptu pillow, Princess came to make an iron caddy. She paid me for that and later, for a cone thread stand. Nela came in and started on the iron caddy. She did not have the money for the kit. I cut out pieces of Insulbrite and gray anti-scortch fabric for them. I showed them the picture of me in the blue evening dress. Mari arrived and wanted to make one too but I did not have enough Insulbrite because of the dimensions – remainder can be pieced so she can use it next week. I had to re-thread both machines in use multiple times. I cleaned up the plastic case of needles, and small accessories ‘cause the little girl was going through it. Myra came in at the end and stayed to talk. Then we cleaned up and left. I took Nela home first. Myra and I talked in my car for a while, then she went home, tired after her long day. I drove home and parked the car. Chris was on a conference call. I read e-mail and checked out ozonated oils on Swanson (none) and on Amazon. I wrote my blog entry for the day and posted it.
This is my version three dress being cut out on the bias. I only had to piece one panel. *

No comments: