Saturday, September 17, 2016

Version 4: almost finished but it doesn't hang right.

We got up after 9. The curtain rod fell again, letting light into the room, but it was a dim light because of the rain. Chris decided not to go running. I decided not to water the plants. We got on our laptops. I read e-mail. I did the weekend puzzle. I was listening to an audio from the Tooth Summit when Kurt skyped me. I got to talk to him, my dad and Patrick. They are all going out to eat tomorrow for his birthday but I told him not to skype me then because it would be Sunday morning for me. After the call, Myra called me. Kim at the commissary was having lunch sent to the commissary in honor of Nela leaving. It was just too ‘last minute’ for me, plus there were and will be other goodbye parties for her. I made up supplements for the next 10 days. I made and ate breakfast. I also made more spice mix for breakfasts. I was going to make seed crackers, but we only had one raw egg. I read e-mail and listened to audios, trying to relax as much as possible to promote digestion. I opened the bag and took out my new corsalette, which I bought to wear with my ball dress. It had red stains like someone had worn it with a red dress. I tried it on anyway to see if the fit was right. It was really tight, like it should have been. But I had Chris take my measurements with it on and after I took it off. The changes were negligible and mostly smaller without it. I resigned myself to sending it back. Then I worked on my version 4 dress, pressing seams, and finishing the neckline. I had Chris take my picture. Then I cut out the sleeves and sewed them in. Trying on the dress, I thought it did not hang right. The downside of bias seams finally caught up with me? Chris thought it was so slight that it was not worth correcting. I re-hemmed the dress from last week so I could hang today’s dress on that hanger to stretch overnight so I can hem it tomorrow. I pressed the hem and then we watched three episodes of House. I thought we were going to bed, but Chris got on his laptop to game with the voices. I wondered how I was going to get proper sleep tonight. I wrote up my blog post and checked the photos. They were really dark and made the dress look far worse than it did in the mirror. I posted one anyway and got ready for bed.
* No one registered an opinion on the green vs blue issue, so I picked green. *

No comments: