Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Impromptu lunch

I got up a little after 8. I dressed and went outside to water the potted plants. I put up the red curtain in the bedroom. I played with the blinds in the living room to maximize light and privacy. I hung up the blue ball gown. I drank almost a quart of water while listening to the Alzheimers Summit: ageing brains decrease in their ability to burn glucose but increase in their ability to burn ketones for fuel. I contacted my tapping buddy at 9 and he needed a few more minutes. Anna called in the middle of the session. I said I would call her back when I was finished. The tapping session continued. Linda called before it was over and I said I wasn’t done yet. I called Anna back when the session ended. She said they were out in town already but would come back to pick me up. So I put on my shoes and searched for a machine-testing packet thinking we were going to So Young’s place after lunch. They picked me up and drove out into town to Home Plus. I ran across the street to the five day market. Anna volunteered to go with me. It started to rain, so we got soaked. I bought dehydrated sweet potato strips and aged kimchi. Anna got some rice cakes. We went back to Home Plus to meet the other ladies. After shopping around a little, we went to Linda’s van and she drove us to Chong’s house. Chong had a wonderful buffet prepared. We sat around her dining room table, eating and chatting. Suzanne was already there, but had to leave early. We stayed until 2 or so. Then we got in the van and came back to base. I finished an audio I had started earlier. I cleared e-mail. I scanned and printed a map for Denee, but it took several tries before I got it even close to readable. I made up 9 days worth of supplements. I looked for my pumpkin templates but could not find them. I looked on the computer but there was no file for them. I drafted a football shape on a piece of paper. Then I found the template in a bag with other templates, including the stem template. I got out some orange fabric and cut a strip. By gathering, I made it into a pumpkin shape. I dug around in my closet until I found a small bag of stuffing. I stuffed the pumpkin and made a stem. There was no good way to sew it on, so I just basted it with raw edges. Myra had said she would buy me a pillow at the Nex to use as stuffing for the class. I put all my materials together and packed them up for class. I had a bite to eat and changed my shorts for pants. Then I took my umbrella and walked to Housing. Myra was just getting there and turning on the lights. We went upstairs to set up the room. Myra did not have a pillow to use for stuffing. She got a call and had to go to the gate to pick up several ladies and sign them on post for the class. I set up the room as Akia came in with her amazingly cute little girl. I got her started on a pumpkin. I played with her little girl for a bit. Other ladies arrived. Myra came with two Korean women. Amber came with a uniform to change a rocker on. She asked me to consider being VP for the FRG. Denee came to make potholders so I showed her how to make one with no edges to bind. Chelsea worked on a pumpkin as did several others. Suzanne took something apart and Anna played with the kids and worked on QOV. We just barely had enough stuffing. My machine needed rethreading a lot. And the lower tension was way too tight. It was like someone had made adjustments. The lady using it seemed to know something about sewing. One of Denee’s potholders worked out but the other one needed unstitching. At 8:30 I took pics of people with their finished projects. Then we started cleaning up the room. Nela called on Facebook as we were packing up. Anna ‘showed’ her the people present. Nela ‘showed’ us her new place in Cuba. It was very nice. When the room was clean, we went out the front door and waited for Myra to shut off the last lights and re-program the sliding door. Then I walked home, leaving all the pumpkin stuff there because some people want to work on it some more. Chris was home so after a bit, we watched one episode of Bones. He went to bed. I stayed up to blog.
* Somehow I missed getting a shot of Akia's pumpkins *

No comments: