Thursday, September 8, 2016

Massagus Interruptus

For some reason I slept late. I got up at almost 9. I planted some of the peas and zinnas. I watered them and some other stuff. Then I ate some seed crackers. I got dressed and went to yoga. I walked in with Anna. Joelle led us through an hour of yoga. The class stood around talking afterward. Then Myra and I left. I walked her home and then I went home. I ate a little something, then took a shower and got dressed. I filled my water pitchers from the shower filter. I watered some seedlings again and the butterfly bush. On my way off post, I stopped at the ATM to get cash. Then I walked out in town to the Foot Shop. The usual male clerk who speaks some English was not there. But my substitute masseuse was. She tried to talk to me but I could not understand. I told her I was American and she said “China”. She made a phone call, but I don’t know what for. I indicated that I had signed up for massage #1, which is a foot massage. I gave her the Epsom salts that I always bring. She wanted the money up front so I gave her 4 tens and she gave me 7 1’s back. I went to change and she kept saying the word for ‘no problem’, meaning I did not need to change into massage clothes for the foot massage. She ran a foot bath and I put the salts in. As I relaxed in it, she watched a Korean daytime drama. It had been playing since before I arrived. There was no tea. At some point, she brought a towel to dry off my feet and brought me to the massage room with chairs. I love their chairs. So comfortable. She pointed to the TV and I shook my head. Then she talked to me, though I did not understand. I guess she was lonely because no one else was there. She massaged my calves and started on my feet when her phone rang. Again, I have no idea what was said. But, the massage was over. She pulled out her wallet and handed my money back. I sat up to get up and she ran to get a towel to wipe the massage cream from my feet. Then she went into the back. I got my purse and fanny pack from the locker room. I wanted to call a Korean friend to translate, but the lady never came back out. So finally I left. I walked around the corner to the Chinese massage place, wondering if all the massage people in Chinhae were Chinese. I indicated a shoulder massage. I was ushered to a small back room with a loose top on the bed. I changed into it and then the big burly man came in. I think they woke him up from a back room. He gave me a back and shoulder massage. After I paid, I walked into the market talking to Myra in case she wanted to join me, but she wanted to stay home and clean. Looking for the watch shop I made it all the way to the kimbap place so I got a roll. It tasted ok but would be better with kimchi so I decided to wait until I got home. I went to Daiso for a watch battery but could not tell which one I needed. Then I found the jewelry store where the man has fixed my watch in the past. He put in a new battery for me. Walking back into the market, I saw some nectarines so I bought them. I walked by the fabric place but he did not have anything I needed. I walked by the used clothing store. Nothing caught my eye. I walked back to post, lugging all those nectarines. Walking up the hill, I saw Myra come out. I asked if she wanted to go to the pool, she said yes after she finished cleaning her fridge. I went home to eat kimbap and check e-mail, then changed into my bathing suit. I walked down to the gym and found no one at the desk so I grabbed a gym towel and headed to the pool. The clerk showed up and said the pool was closed because there was no lifeguard. And it will be closed tomorrow too, but open Saturday. And on Sunday for dogs then closed for the season. As I was walking away from the gym, I ran into Myra. I told her the pool was closed. She suggested the sauna instead because her back was hurting. We went in there but the controller would not light up. We went to the desk to ask about it. Joelle was there, and tried to get us into the pool area. But the clerk had rather us go to the sauna. Myra got her wish. We sat in the sauna, talking and reading. Another lady came in for 15 minutes. The temp got up to 186. We turned it off and got out, sat for a bit then went home. Linda was just leaving and offered me a ride. Once home, I ate two nectarines, and checked e-mail. Chris came home and made himself supper. I did today’s puzzle, which wasn’t as hard as it was rated. I ate nuts and blueberries, too. I jotted notes for my blog. Then Chris hooked my laptop to the TV and we streamed three episodes of House from Netflix. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to write about it.
* Here is a pic of me wearing the blue pants I bought in Busan with Jane and Chris. With it is a blue sequin top from the consignment shop in Masan. *

No comments: