Tuesday, September 13, 2016

An amazing day (and night)

I got up early, when Chris came back from running. I got dressed, drank my quart of water and did some exercises. I was on Skype by 8 to meet my tapping buddy. We did not finish the hour because his phone died. So then I put the chocolates into a bag for Nela. I checked e-mail and listened to audios until Myra called. I met her at her parking lot and we walked to the bank. I deposited two checks (which coincidentally had the same numerals, but the decimal point was in a different place), and got some cash to exchange out in town. Nela was there with her son, with bags of coins that he got for bagging in the commissary. When I had the cash, I walked outside. Myra had walked away, but when she came back, we headed for the front gate to walk to the park. Half way between the gate house and the front gate, Nela called. Of course I answered, but Myra reminded me that no one is allowed to use their phone in that area. Nela said she needed me at the bank, so we turned around and walked back there. She said there was a problem because she did not have an account with the bank and could she use ours? I said sure, but secretly I did not understand why an account was needed when she was exchanging cash for cash. Then Myra and I walked to the park. We circled the lake and enjoyed looking at the fish. We took pictures. Then we walked down by the canal. We found a plant store that Myra wanted to see, but by then we had to get back because Housing was visiting her at 1. I came home, running into Chris on his way back to work. He said a box had come for me. It sounded like the yoga mat I ordered. I went home and made and ate breakfast. I took the bag of chocolates to Nela. She and I walked to the commissary for her to sign some papers. Then we went to Myra’s place. She knocked on Danielle’s door and I rang the bell at Myra’s door. The four of us went to Security to get the car. Scott was just coming out so it was like a show down in the old west: the four of us in the street facing the one of him in the middle of the street. But he let us have the car. Myra drove us to Home Plus and we walked across the street to the five day market. We wandered up and down the main street and the associated side streets. I bought dehydrated sweet potatoes and figs. Myra and Danielle bought a large box of peaches. We carried our purchases to Home Plus and up to the parking deck to the car. Myra drove us back to base. She dropped me off first. They all got out with me and I showed them my garden. I gave them zinnias, and sweet potato plants and a pea plant and a something else that rooted. I gave Nela the hot peppers. Then they left. I was so tired that I laid on the couch. After while, Chris called.
I forgot why, but he mentioned that there was a going away party for Nela posted on Facebook. Then he came home and offered to drive me to the meeting point. I checked e-mail, then put my shoes back on. We walked out to the car. I stopped to add some beer to the slug plate. But before I could get to the car, Anna drove by and offered me a ride. So I got in. On the way, we saw Myra and picked up her, too. Then we went to the commissary. Others were already waiting in their cars. When the last few people showed up, we left. Elizabeth rode with us. We followed Suzanne to City 7 and parked in the deck. Then we went as one group to the second floor and through a courtyard to a place called Shabu-Shabu. I hadn’t been there at all before. So each table had a hot plate built into it. The staff brought bowls of broth to put on the burners and raw meat strips. We went to the buffet to get plates of salad and such to eat, and plates of soup veggies. While the soup veggies cooked in the broth with the meat, we ate our salads. Then we had soup. At times, we added more meat or more veggies or even noodles. We sat and talked. I mostly listened, or tried to. It was hard in such a noisy room and we covered three tables. Two more ladies from the base walked in later. When we were notified that the restaurant was closing, we split the check and paid for Nela’s meal. Then we went past the courtyard to find a restroom. Suzanne suggested going into the mall to a clothing store. It was the only store still open. We looked around. They were having a sale and I saw some nice stuff, but was too tired to try anything on. Eventually they closed too, so we proceeded back to our cars and caravanned back to the base. We took Elizabeth home. Then we parked in Myra’s spot. We ended up talking about problems on the base and how there was no way to help certain people. Long about midnight, I got up the courage to talk about tapping for other people. Surprisingly, they were interested and did not think I was crazy. We talked about it for another half hour and then decided we needed to head home and regroup another time. Myra got out and Anna dropped me off at home. Chris had left the light on and gone to bed. I was so excited. I stayed up to delete e-mail and type up the day’s events as best I could remember them. Then I posted and went to bed.
* For Sept 11th, the PT group ran up the mountain to the water towers and raised a flag. *

No comments: