Friday, October 21, 2016

Bake sale

I had just gotten up when my phone rang – it was Myra wanting to bring me a roll of kimbap on her run around the base. Ms. Chay had given her two rolls. We decided to go to the gym instead. I got dressed. She brought me the kimbap just as I was starting to water the plants. I put the kimbap inside the house and we walked to the gym. First we worked in the weight room on arms and legs, but I took it easy on the legs thinking we were going to do the treadmill later. But we went walking on the trail instead. That was a leg workout; going up the steep hill. We used the exercise station equipment up there, then turned around and came down the road because she needed to get back. A patrol car pulled up. They said two suspicious characters had been spotted by the water tower. We told them we were just up there and hadn't seen anyone. She went home to get ready to take Ms. Chay to lunch. I went home to eat the roll of kimbap with some kimchi. I read e-mail for awhile and listened to an audio. Chris came home to drop off a package. It was a box of toy planes for Halloween, and a bottle of clary sage oil. I can't remember why I ordered it. It's probably on my old laptop. I fell asleep during the audio and had to replay the last part. I tried to look up the speaker's website because she uses EFT for menopause symptoms, but could not find the right page. At 2 I called Myra to see if she was delivering her goodies to the bake sale. She wasn't quite ready. So I bagged up my witches fingers in packs of five. I changed my clothes, and wrote WITCHES FINGERS (BREAD) on a piece of paper. I grabbed an empty jar and headed to Myra's place. She filled my jar with white vinegar that Karen gave her when she moved. Then we went to the commissary where the bake sale was set up. We were 15 minutes early but sales were in full swing. Myra handed over her bags of bones and I handed over the witches fingers. I saw Anna there and she had a big bruise from falling in a submarine. Later I talked to Bernie about entering the talent show. I followed Myra around the commissary while she bought items for the chili cook off tomorrow. Scott showed up to help load the car. They dropped me off at home. I washed pots and pans on the stove and countertop to make room for Chris later. Then I sat down to read e-mail while eating breakfast. Chris came home and put his chili together as I listened to an audio. I paused it to help him by stirring while he added onions. He left the beans out. Then he made himself supper. I looked for fabric Christmas ornament ideas. Then we watched two episodes of House. Chris went back to playing his game. I wrote up my blog post, so I could turn in for the night.

No comments: