Thursday, October 27, 2016

Skirting the issue of time

I heard Chris get up early and talk to someone, probably on his computer. After a while, he came back to take a shower and get dressed. Then he left for work. I kept trying to go back to sleep, and I did for a short time because I had the oddest dream. It was some kind of amusement park where the visitors could not get off of the train, and it would travel through all sorts of terrain. And there were all sorts of other strange rules and customs. When I woke up, I got up wondering what time it was. It was after 8. I had not heard my alarm go off. But the phone was still charged. I checked e-mail briefly. I got dressed and fixed my hair in preparation for skyping my tapping buddy. I tapped on not feeling like doing this today. Just before the call, Myra called to ask if she could come over to print something out. I told her I would call her after my skype call. But my tapping buddy never showed up. Either he forgot, or Skype did not tell him I was there. So 15 minutes later, I called Myra. She came over and wanted to print out a poodle outline for Carolyn's skirt. We looked through lots of images until we found the one she wanted. It was in Pinterest and I had a heck of a time getting it to print out. But when I did, she took it home. I embroidered the last apron. I pulled out the jump stitches from a previous apron as it stitched. The thread broke twice. When it was done, I checked e-mail again. I played a video while pulling out the jump stitches from the last one, and cutting out the stabilizer on the back. I sharpened my scissors on a piece of foil. I looked up a yoga place in Mt. Airy, where Myra is from. I followed a 14 minutes yoga routine for the spine. I called Myra to see if she was ready to add straps to the aprons. She wasn't. I jotted notes for my blog. I watered my plants and picked some tomatoes. I took them next door and gave them to Denee. I ate some seed crackers. I texted Wesley to see if he knew anyone who had some leftover beginning band books that our base could use. Chris came home for lunch. Denee came over to borrow some fabric scissors. I handed She asked me to go look at her fabric. While I was there, she had me sample a seaweed sprinkle that her husband uses on popcorn. It was good. She showed me her sourdough starter. I came home. Chris was getting ready to go back to work. But his plan changed... Afterward, I was worried that Denee was going to knock on our door to see if everything was ok. Myra still hadn't called. I thought about what kind of massage to get today. I did not want him inadvertently rubbing the scrapes on my knees. I read e-mail until Myra called. Carolyn had left and Myra was going to finish up the two poodle skirts and make crinolines. God bless Myra. So, I put on my white shoes and walked over to her place. I wanted to pick up some strap material to finish the two aprons at my house. But she convinced me to bring my two over to her house and work together. I went back home to get the aprons and change my shoes. I ironed straps while she sewed and turned. We discussed the benefits of telling people 'no' when they ask for stuff at the last minute. At three, I had to leave for my massage. I walked out into town. When I arrived, I asked for just a foot massage. The man brought me a tub of hot water to soak my feet. He also brought me a small tray with two tiny oranges and a paper cup of water. Then he hung up wet towels on a drying rack. I closed my eyes and relaxed. After a while, he sat down to rub my feet. I got lots of hot flashes on the left foot but not on the right one. Interesting. After the massage, I thanked him and left. It was cool outside. I stopped at the other massage place to explain what happened last time I was there and to make an appointment for next week. I called Myra on the way back to see if she needed help finishing the aprons. She said she could finish up easily. I walked home. I made and ate breakfast. I refilled my jar of mixed chia and flax seed. I read e-mail. Chris came home and made himself supper. We had an argument about mandatory vaccinations. I realized we were not signed up for the hike on Sunday. I exchanged my shorts for pants. I drove to the FFTC. I signed us up for the hike and paid the fees. I walked around the parking lot area looking for a good place to set up our Halloween fishing for prizes. Then I drove home. I read e-mail until Chris was ready to watch House. We watched two episodes. The night sweats started. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.

No comments: