Sunday, October 9, 2016

Make-over

I got up before 8 because Chris got up to take his shower and get ready for church. I combed out my hair. The oil level seemed right but my hair still wanted to stand up rather than lay down and it parted on the left, which I never do. I tied a scarf around my head to encourage it to lay flat. I cleared e-mail while listening to audios from the Alzheimers summit. At 9:30 I took my shower. I hemmed the sleeves of the version 4 dress and put it on. Chris walked home from church. I raced around looking for the blue sling purse that almost matches the dress. Then I put on my shoes and we got in the car. Chris dropped me off at the chapel. I sat in the pew with Kathy and her family. We sang the praise songs. When it came time to shake hands, the lady behind me said she had met me at the embassy party in Busan. She remembered my name but I had to ask for hers. Did I remember it? Sadly, no. But her husband has worked with my husband. So maybe Chris knows her name? Sadly, no. The sermon was about how Jesus showed 8 qualities of good leadership. After the service, Chris was there to pick me up. But I had to visit the restroom and when I came back, he was conversing. It was after noon when we walked to the commissary for groceries. When we got home, we put the food away. I sat down to clear e-mail and finish an audio from earlier. I learned that mice given the equivalent of 2 apples a day decreased their inflammatory markers as much as the most powerful NSAIDs. I am all for eating apples, but as it turns out, you have to make applesauce with the peels on to get the right stuff. And commercial applesauce won’t work, he said. I tried on the dress I got in Busan with the shoes I bought in Masan. The dress was too long. I took off the silvery strip that was sewn under the bust line.
I tried different underwear to find something that fit with the dress. I put a strip of fabric through a gemstone barrette and pinned it to the front of the dress. It looked ok, but being a curved barrette, it did not sit flush. I tried running a full-length strip of fabric from neckline to hemline. That looked ok, too, I guess. I wished Michele were here to give her opinion. She was always my fashion consultant. Isn’t that why I had her? I sewed scraps of the version 5 dress together to see if the needle and thread combination works. It did. But I needed a break. I meant to go to the tower and walk up the 365 steps, but I got too involved in doing google searches and never went. Around 4:30 I went outside to run up and down the steps behind the duplex. When I came in, Chris was putting steaks in the oven and making asparagus. I took my supplements. I read e-mail until supper was ready. I ate supper while reading e-mail. Then I made seed crackers and removed unwanted items from the dining room table while the crackers baked. I took an anti-inflammatory to see if it had any effect on the painful patch on my scalp. (It did not.) Then we watched three episodes of House. Somehow Greatest American Heroine came up on Youtube and we watched that episode, thinking at first that it was just a song. Then I sat down to write my blog. About 11:30, Nela called me on Facebook. She is still under evacuation to Florida. After the call, I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: