Wednesday, October 12, 2016

More pumpkins

I woke up early hearing Chris get up. I heard my alarm sound but stayed in bed to do some mental programming. I got up to drink a quart of water. I took a shower, then deleted a bunch of e-mail and started reading the rest. I tapped to prepare for the skype call with my tapping buddy. We had trouble connecting because the call kept ending. But we were persistent and got through the session. It ended early with him feeling that the issue was resolved. I read e-mail for a while and ate a cooked apple while listening to an interview. Then I went to sewing class with my quilt. I called Myra from the room, and she said she’d be right over. I got out one table and worked on binding. Myra showed up but had to leave again to submit some forms. Denee came to work on her potholders. Chong wanted to make an iron caddy so I raced home to get some Insulbrite. But all I had were 2 half pieces so I had to zigzag them together. I went back and got her started. Chantel came to work on a pumpkin. Eventually Myra came back. I fixed Denee’s potholder and she went home. We stayed late for Myra to finish the pumpkin. Denee wanted me to see a dress that she wasn’t going to wear to the ball in case I might want to wear it. So Myra and I went over there. We saw that dress and several others. I tried it on. Then we all went to my place for them to see the dress I made and the one I bought in Busan. They loved the dress from Busan but did not like any of my jewelry so we all went to Myra’s place to see hers. She lent me a necklace, bracelet and earrings. She stood on her diningroom table and I pinned up the hem of her dress. We all needed clutches so we agreed to go into town. I went home to hang up my dress and get some seed crackers because I was so hungry. We walked to the fabric store and they each bought some black chiffon for wraps. Then we went to the underwear store. We found nylons and panties without lines. The lady served them coffee and me water. We wandered through some other stores looking for makeup bags that might serve as clutches. We even went to Daiso. Myra got a gray flower pin there. Then we went to the junk store, but they did not have anything we needed and we were running out of time. We walked back to the base. I was exhausted, but I made it up the hill and home before I crashed on the couch. After 10 minutes, I got up to have a bite to eat and listen to some more of the interview. Fifteen minutes later I headed to the Housing Center. Myra was just turning on the lights. MWR had dropped off a load of stuff for us: mats, a rotary cutter, two sewing machines, two thread stands, and rulers. Amber came to make another pumpkin and take fabric to make a third. Mari worked on a pumpkin, as did Jadyn and Evelin. Elizabeth cut out pumpkin shapes but did not have access to a machine to start sewing. Anna came late to hang out. Myra made sure everyone’s name made the list which we have to have for MWR to fund our activity. We packed the machines back in their boxes and put it all away. When I got home I made and ate breakfast and took my supplements. I was listening to the last part of the interview when my laptop shut itself down due to overheating. I lost all my blog notes. I also lost the interview I was listening to because the link had expired and the buffer was all that was left. And then it was gone, too. We watched two episodes of House. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.

No comments: