Thursday, October 20, 2016

Witch finger?

I got up at 9:30, or so. I discovered that some time during the night, while I was waffling over whether to cover with a sheet or not, Chris got out the big comforter and put it on his side of the bed. Ain't menopause grand?
I drank a quart of water, and read e-mail on the laptop until it got caught in a loop, then moved to the desktop until it slowed down, then back to the laptop. I swished with coconut oil because there is a sensitive spot in one of my molars on the left. I finished the menopause audio. The lady said that a woman's fire and water energy diminish as she gets older. If the water energy diminishes faster than the fire energy, she experiences hot flashes. The speaker recommended herbal blends on her site. I put a ocean picture on my mantel. I did a tapping video that came in Monday but got overlooked. I watered the plants, potted and planted. I got out my trombone and played Eagle's Wings. Then I took a shower. I made breakfast and was eating it when Chris came home for lunch.. He had a package from the post office and groceries for the chili cookoff. I read e-mail while I ate. I saw Myra had called, so I called her back. She was making white chocolate bones and wanted me to print tags for the little bags they were to be sold in. I finished breakfast, then played around with fonts and font sizes until I got it just right. But it would not print. So I changed the color from black to brown. Then it printed just fine. I cut the columns apart, and used a hole punch to make tags. I called Myra. ready to come over, but she was having trouble melting the white chocolate in her double boiler. She came over to use my microwave. I quickly cleaned the kitchen and put Chris' cans of beans and tomatoes away. She arrived soon after I finished. Her chocolate bits would not melt in the microwave and we surmised that they were too old. I gave her a piece of beeswax and she took her platter of 'bones' (pretzel sticks with marshmallow ends) home to try again. Or to crunch up and make into popcorn balls. I racked my brain to come up with something for the Halloween bake sale tomorrow. Maybe breadstick lady fingers? Later Myra texted me a pic that the beeswax was firming up the chocolate which she had been able to melt with coconut butter. I went to the massage place and asked for a full massage. He filled a tub with really hot water. I soaked in it for some time, ignoring the movie on the wall. Then the man massaged my feet. He took me to a side room for the body massage. It did hurt a little. But when it was over, I felt really good. And it was a lot later than I thought. Denee called me to see if I was going to the FRG meeting. I hotfooted it to the chapel where the meeting was already in progress. It seemed to go well. They discussed the bake sale and the chili cookoff and asked for suggestions for other activities. When it broke up, I walked out with Myra. We split up at her house and I went home to see Chris, who was making his supper. I put the usual ingredients in the bread machine, plus an egg, and butter and tahini. I drank my chocolate shake and made a salad. I read e-mail as I ate. I boiled water with baking soda in it. I washed some almonds and rolled the dough into small cylinders. I pressed an almond to the end of each one. I plopped the first 7 in the boiling water for a minute, then made more. Those had time to rise before getting boiled, so were fatter. I took the boiled ones out and stuck them in the oven. No way to tell when they were done. I had Chris try one, and tried the next one myself. I figured they were probably ok. I spread butter on them and sprinkled salt. We sat down to watch House, but there was a problem with Waterfox. Chris eventually solved it and we watched two episodes of House. Then I sat down to write my blog and saw the Pinterest page of Halloween bread creations. It prompted me to put away the cooled bread sticks in plastic containers. They were soft and buttery. Too soft. I am not sure they are sellable.

No comments: