Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Underwhelmed

I got up a little before 8. I drank my usual quart of water and read e-mail. I learned about the benefits of drinking camel milk. But it a rather expensive proposition, coming from Europe. I listened to audios while doing the puzzles for yesterday and today. I took my vitamin C packets and ate some seed crackers. I looked for the pattern for the front of my ball gown to cut a lacy overlay piece. But I could not find it anywhere. Over and over I searched. I laid out the fabric and taped it to the floor. I put the solid front piece on it, but it was so shifty. I laid the back piece on it to get it into shape. Then I pinned around it and laid some rulers on it to keep it flat and from shifting. While I was basting the two fabrics together, Chris came home for lunch with boxes. I opened the boxes, then went back to basting and listening to audios. The speaker was recommending spelling words with different body parts as a way of retraining the brain. While Chris was there, I found the front piece – it was on the floor between the couch and the stuffed chair. I laid it on, and it corroborated how I had laid out the front piece. I started cutting it out and finished the basting. I soaked my shapewear in a bowl of warm soapy water. After it had soaked for some time, I hung it up in the bathroom to dry. I listened to an audio as I made breakfast. The speaker said improving cognition improves balance and improving balance improves cognition. She runs a class where the participants alternate balance exercises with cognitive exercises. I guess I have to do my Sudoku puzzles standing on one foot for a similar effect!
I sorted all the recyclables and put them in bags. Then I made myself go back to working on the dress. I don’t know why I kept hesitating. When the pieces were sewn together, I went looking for facing fabric. I went outside to water plants, and picked some weeds for supper. I washed them. As they drained, I ate a baked apple. I went back to working on the dress. I cut the neck facing pieces and sewed them together. Then I sewed the facing to the dress and topstitched it. Chris came home while I was topstitching. I tried it on and was underwhelmed. Everything came out just as it was supposed to, and just like all the other dresses, but it didn't look good. Chris said it needed to be narrower at the bottom. I got out a pattern for a long dress and placed the skirt pieces over my dress. I decided to take each seam in one inch. Chris made his supper. I drizzled oil on my weeds and ate them. Then I sat down to finalize my Swansons order. The new offer was for 20% off Swanson brand only products. So I deleted the others, placed the order, then looked up the deleted products on Amazon. To that, I added small toys for Halloween. Sadly I spent all evening looking at such toys and comparing reviews. Finally I submitted my order. Then I thought about glow-in-the-dark paint to make glow-in-the-dark rice for Halloween. But I could not find the non-toxic kind on Amazon. Then it was time for bed.
* Version 5 doesn't look as good as the others *

No comments: