Friday, October 28, 2016

Getting my goat

It's 11:30 at night, I want to blog and go to bed, but everything I wrote today is gone. While I was out, my new laptop updated and rebooted, closing the file I was taking notes in.
I don't remember what all I wrote. I got up this morning, drank my quart of water, took a shower and got dressed. I wrote down a list of all my supplements and symptoms. I walked through the rain to Duffy's parking lot to wait for Suzanne. When she arrived, she dropped her daughter off at CYP, then she drove us downtown to the five-day market. On the same street, was an acupuncturist. We went inside and put on the provided slippers. She helped me check in. No patient history was required, just my name and phone number. We waited for a short time and then were ushered in to an office. The nurse asked me to lie down on a table with a heating pad. She put large sleeves on my legs which had air hoses. They alternately inflated and deflated like some kind of massage. Suzanne and I talked until the machine quit. Later the doctor came in. He seemed to understand my English questions, but all his answers were in Korean. Suzanne translated as best she could, but she said he was very technical. He had me reach behind my back with each hand. He held his hands far apart on either side of my body. I thought he was sensing my energy field, but Suzanne said he was feeling the heat from my body. He said my body had too much heat and I should dissipate it by sweating (no sauna, just exercise) and evacuating several times a day. And I should do planks. He put needles in my stomach and one on the side of my neck. I had to bend one knee to rest my back. He wanted me to lie flat so Suzanne explained to him about my back. He took all the needles out and pressed several points; one below my belly button that still hurts. I sat up. He talked to her for some time, and then left. We used the bathroom out back, necessitating a different pair of slippers. Then we paid at the front desk. We decided to wait to see how I felt before scheduling a return appointment. Being right in the middle of the market, we proceeded to shop. I bought persimmons, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, carrots, peppers, and cucumbers. Then we came back to base. When I got home, I put each food in a clear plastic bag so it would not get lost in the fridge. Then I juiced some carrots, peppers and cucumbers. After drinking it, Myra wasn't ready, so I cleaned the juicer. Chris came home for lunch. The only package from the post office held fermented cod liver oil. Hence, not the toys I had ordered for Halloween. I made breakfast and read e-mail. I looked up Halloween non-candy treat and activity ideas. Then she called. I went over there with one of the sticks. We walked through the rain to Security to get her car. We drove to Home Plus to look for small toys and prizes. We found glow-in-the-dark stuff, pencils, orange ping pong balls, pencil sharpeners, etc. When we checked out, she had spent more than I did. When we got back to base, we went directly to the commissary. I got a leg of goat, a one-time opportunity. Myra got a few groceries. The commissary manager gave us some stuff for prizes. Myra took me home. I noted that my laptop had rebooted and thought I had lost all my windows. But when I re-opened the browsers, all the windows came back. I wish I had thought to check for my notepad file. I worked on my Sudoku puzzle and read e-mail. I got out some acrylic paints and the clear plastic gloves we just bought. I painted fingernails on the gloves and laid them out to dry. I cut several toilet paper and paper towel tubes into rings. Some of them I covered in colored ribbon. I cut off a length of twine. Using a lighter, I burned off the hairy bits. Then I tied it to the shortest stick. I bent a paperclip into a hook and tied it to the twine. I used the fishing rod to hook a toilet paper tube ring. It worked quite well. I called Myra to tell her all our problems were solved; that we could have the kids fish for colored rings and then let them pick a prize based on the color of the ring they hooked. I had a few other thoughts, but they got lost. Eventually, Chris and I watched two episodes of House. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to swear, and post to my blog. And now, its after midnight.

No comments: