Wednesday, October 26, 2016

I'm not as smart as a two year old

Chris got up early to attend a conference call. I got up after he went to work. I drank a quart of water and read e-mail. I downloaded all the pics from my phone to my new laptop and deleted the pics from the phone. I found a note from my tapping buddy who needed to reschedule. So I embroidered an apron instead. I took pic of it. It took longer because the thread broke twice. I had 25 minutes until sewing class, but did not think I could finish another one in time. I ate some seed crackers and Myra's cookies and went to sewing class. I brought the black shirts that Kelly wanted to see. I was the first one to arrive. I turned on all the lights and got out a table. I was going to pull jump stitches from the apron, but ladies arrived. They helped me set up more tables, and then machines and the fabric tubs. Myra was late, and I needed her help to keep everyone occupied, which she did. I gave her the embroidered apron. Some people worked on costumes. Denee worked on an apron. We had a good turnout. It broke up a little late. I spoke to Housing about getting the old blinds back. They said the blinds had been thrown away, but in February someone was moving and their house would be refitted with the new blinds and then I could have theirs. I went home for breakfast. I fell asleep listening to an interview on a new kind of insurance as an alternative to Obamacare. When I woke up, I was cold and huddled under the couch quilt for a bit. Then I got up to re-digitize the embroidery image in a smaller size, to minimize thread breakage. Then I hooped the second apron and embroidered it. The thread only broke once. I got the third one ready, and hooped it. I basted it in the hoop. I put the first color on the machine. All I had to do was hit 'start', but there wasn't enough time to finish the whole image, so I turned off the machine. I spent my 25 minutes until class by having a bite to eat and trying to catch up on e-mail. But the computer insisted that the internet was not connected. When I arrived at the evening sewing class, it was already in progress. I was on time, but Myra got it started early because she signed two Korean ladies on post. LOTS of people came. Kelly's daughter picked the black shirt she wanted for her costume. Myra helped someone work on a poodle skirt. Jadyn worked on the complicated pumpkin. Hai Wa made a bag. Denee finished her apron. Mr. Sharpe and another lady worked on costumes made from really stiff felt. He spoke to me about looking at the instruments that the school acquired. A little girl less than 2 years old used my phone to take about 2 dozen pictures of her feet. She's 51 years younger than me and she knew how to use my camera phone without the passcode. I handed out the rest of the lip balms I had with me. We started packing up on time, but it went long. When I got home, I realized I still had the iron in my hand. I took my evening supplements. We watched one episode of House. I looked up one of the characters who I had seen on Joan of Arcadia. I watched the pilot episode while trying to write this blog post. The download speed for the photo was so incredibly slow that I left it for another day. It was late so I went to bed.

No comments: