Monday, October 17, 2016

Technology leaves something to be desired

I heard my alarm go off at 7:30 but I stayed in bed since I went to bed so late. It was 8:15 when I got up. I swished for 20 minutes while reading e-mail. I boiled water for coffee. I drybrushed, exercised and rebounded. There was a call from Kelly, a call to Myra and one to Denee; all to get some cushion zippers to Kelly who had Mrs. Lee at her house making cushions. I decided to offer to go out in town to get some after I finished my coffee morning.
When I finished cleaning the bathrooms and partly the kitchen, I called Kelly to offer, but she had ripped the old zippers out to use in the new cushions. I called Myra and she said she would go walking with me later. Denee texted, wanting orange ribbon. I invited her to join us later. I vacuumed the bathrooms and my bedroom. I mopped in the foyer and the kitchen. At 1, she and I walked down to Myra's place and out into town. The three of us spent most of our time at Office Depot, looking at ribbon, paint, crafty stuff, etc. Then on the way back, we stopped at GS 25 for lemons. I also picked up some spinach and cucumbers. When we got back to post, Denee went to see about a food-handling class. Myra and I walked to her place. As we talked, someone drove up so she spoke to him. While I was waiting, I met a new lady walking down the hill with one of the Philippina ladies. She was the new assistant director of the CYP. Then Myra went home and I went uphill to mine. I made breakfast. I read an article on fasting while eating breakfast. I finished making up supplements. I cleared more e-mail on my new laptop, then went outside to water the potted plants. I wondered how someone could fight with Housing over mold in their house and not be willing to clean it up themselves when it may be making the kids ill. I figured I should go clean it up just to protect the kids. I looked up natural ways to clean mold, and the best one appeared to be baking soda dissolved in water. I did some tapping. I read a few more e-mails. I made hummus. I ate some with seed crackers. I was listening to an audio from a menopause summit when Chris skyped me. For some reason, my camera would not show him my picture. Skype said it might be in use by another program. Chris sang me a song, but Skype blocked it out as background noise. Grr. After the call, I finished my audio. I put in an order for the supplements that were low. I wrote most of my blog post. I watched an episode of House. I downloaded 100+ pics from my camera that were taken from my phone. I finished my blog and posted it, ready to turn in early. So far, not having access to the stuff on my laptop has been a mild inconvenience, but losing all those pics, files, and mp3's is going to catch up with me. Some of them were purchased from summits.
* This pic is from the USS Ronald Reagan *

No comments: