Saturday, October 8, 2016

Oktoberfest

I got up by nine. It was Replay Day for both of the summits I have been listening to this week, plus one I signed in late for. So, I started listening to Betrayal, which is a 7 part series on autoimmune disorders. While listening, I did today’s puzzle and exercised. I worked on my ball gown, matching pieces and basting them together and cutting off what did not match.
I ate an apple after hearing about the mice who ate the equivalent of 2 apples a day experiencing anti-inflammatory effects.
At 4 I took a shower to get the oil out of my hair. Then we walked to the Wentz’s for Octoberfest. He had made three kinds of beer: pumpkin, India Pale Ale, and Octoberfest. The pumpkin was my favorite. They made pretzels out of the spent grains, so I tried one. Chris drank a mug of each beer and I had a small sip of each. We went out back where they had a canopy set up with tables and chairs. He was wearing lederhosen and she was wearing a dirndl. They served an international menu: bratwurst, potato salad, fruit platter, asparagus wrapped in bacon, seaweed, chicken adobo, beer-shaped cake, cookies, sunflower seeds and jabchai. Some people brought stuff with them. Sadly, it rained the whole time. So, people came in with wet shoes, took them off to get beer inside then had to put them back on to go out back for food. Lots of people came and after 2 hours it was crowded. I asked Kelly to cut my hair next week. Then I signaled Chris and we went home. I made breakfast and finished basting the last piece. Then I ate breakfast while we watched two episodes of House. I played old songs on my new laptop and sang along. Chris and I danced to one of them. I took my supplements. I wrote up my blog post for the day, thinking I must have forgotten something because it was so short.
* The cake. *

No comments: