Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Prep for wind and rain

I woke up while Chris was getting ready for work. When I was fully awake, the nerve pains started up again. I went outside to water the plants and get some early sunshine. I walked up to the dump but it was all gone. I drank a quart of water. I read e-mail holding a warm washcloth with essential oils on the side of my head. Then I tried ice. I played a few phrases on my flute to warm up. I took a shower, and then cleaned it. I got dressed in yoga clothes. I listened to an audio while I did warm-up yoga moves. I finished the audio which gave recipes for all-purpose cleaner and hand sanitizer. I grabbed my flute and walked to Anna’s house. Her neck was hurting so we did not do any yoga but we watched videos of people doing acro-yoga so we could get some ideas for a routine. It was evident to me that the most important thing we need is more leg and arm strength. When her alarm rang, she had to go pick up her kids. So I put on my shoes and walked home. Chris came home for lunch with a bag of rice from the commissary. He gave me an old sock. I sewed across the toe to close up the holes. Then I held the top open as Chris poured the rice in. I tied the end shut and microwaved it. I placed it on my neck as I read e-mail. We opened and read the anniversary card from my dad. I made my chocolate shake, then read e-mail. I realized I had a text from Denee: she wanted to borrow a broom. So I went next door with a broom. Myra tried to call me but I did not have my phone so she stopped by to see if I wanted to go out in town. Denee wanted to go, too. I took an anti-inflammatory, then grabbed my purse and got in the car. She drove it over to Security and parked. We walked out into the market, looking for lettuce and pomegranates. When we were at the dollar store, Jane called. She said she’d meet us at Daiso. We went to Daiso to find coffee cups. I wanted to get a glass spray bottle for making hand sanitizer. Jane showed up and helped us ask for glass rather than plastic bottles. We walked back passing the watch shop. Denee got her husband’s watch fixed. When we got to the corner market, Jane spotted some lettuce that was on sale. I told the others to go ahead. When Jane was done, we went to the visitor center and I signed her on post. We walked to the ATM. She got American cash. Then I signed her off again. As I was walking up the hill toward home, I ran into a bunch of ladies having a doggie play date. I stopped to talk to Carolyn and Amber. When I continued on, I ran into Akia with her dog and child. She promised to come to sewing tomorrow. I went home and made breakfast. I read about a typhoon coming here tomorrow, so I called Myra about possibly canceling classes. Chris called to ask me to turn on the oven but by then I was on my way to Myra’s house. I was taking emergency rations to her (home made chocolate). She and I talked until Scott came home. When I got home, I moved pots of flowers and seedlings from various places to the front porch for protection, or under the shrubs or along the wall in the flowerbed. Then I read more e-mail. I posted cancellation of the classes, since CYP was closed and so were all MWR activities. I felt a pain in my head and realized it was the first one since the watch shop, so the anti-inflammatory helped. I ate some onion soup while Chris ate his pizza. I jotted notes for my blog. We called my dad to thank him for the anniversary card. He did not seem to understand that it was 10pm here. I took a muscle relaxer. We watched the last episode of Bones season 11. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to watch an episode of House with the rice sock on my neck. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* My plants are huddling on the porch against the on-coming storm. The deer and the pigs and the slugs may be having a party. *

No comments: