Sunday, October 2, 2016

Progress on the dress

I got up around 8, noticing the pains were still there. It was a dreary-looking day. I exercised and rebounded, hoping that would increase blood flow and stop the pains. I read e-mail. Chris went to church. I worked on my Swansons order until 9:30 and then took a shower and got dressed for church. I listened to an audio until Chris came home. Then he drove me to church. The sermon was about Jacob’s daughter being assaulted and everyone in the story responding inappropriately. Chris picked me up and we went home to change clothes. Then we went to commissary for groceries. I ran into Kelly and we chatted. Then Chris and I walked home with the food. We ran into our neighbors coming home with bags of groceries too. I went over there to talk to them. She asked me to sew a scarf into a circle. But then she had to leave to go to furniture store. So I went home, totally forgetting the scarf. I had a bite to eat and put on an audio. Chris had put soup bones in the crock pot for me. I covered them with water and added salt and vinegar. He took the shower head down for me. I scrubbed it and put it in a bag of vinegar to soak. I spread the blue fabric on the floor and taped it down. I arranged the pattern pieces on it, weighing them down with rotary rulers and notebooks, etc, so the shifty fabric would not move while I cut. I took a break, then cut out three pieces. It was tough to cut straight. I took another break, then finished the cutting and picked up all the left over fabric. Myra called and said she would like to go exercise tomorrow morning. I laid down on the couch because being still and calm stops or slows down the shooting pains. Holding my breath helped, too. I fell asleep. When I woke up, I put the sheer fabric down. I laid all of the pattern pieces except the front on it. I cut them out, remembering to flip the side panels for reverse cuts. But I did not realize until later that I had arranged them on the crosswise grain. I paused cutting at one point because Chris got an alert on his phone. We could not read it, but I went to the community Facebook page and within a few minutes, someone posted the translation. It was an earthquake in another part of Korea. Then we watched two episodes of Bones. I took the shower head out and sprinkled baking soda on it. I scrubbed again and rinsed it. I posted to my blog before going to bed.

No comments: