Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Town hall meeting

I woke up during the night because I was cold. I pulled a corner of the comforter over me and went back to sleep. I heard Chris get ready for work and leave. I did not want to get up and I attributed that to the amitriptyline. It was after 9 when I got up to drink water and read e-mail. Sadly I got nothing done because I started reading responses to a Quora question and an hour disappeared. I called Myra and got a Korean message. I called back and she had just called me and gotten a similar message. Our minds run in the same track. We agreed to meet at her place. I took some fabric and cones of black thread and went over there. She had the aprons cut out already. After we decided what to do on the aprons, we went to the gym. We exercised in the weight room and on the treadmill. Then we sat in the sauna. Finally it was 2pm and time for breakfast. As I made and ate breakfast, reading e-mail, she called to say she would bring the serged aprons over. I folded laundry and changed my clothes. She dropped off the apron pieces. I located a candle image in my embroider file and saved the flame. I made a duplicate image. I called the text up on the computer screen, then put the flames over the i's in CHILI. I worked to get the sewing order right so I would have the fewest thread changes. I hoped to have one apron done for the town hall meeting. But then Denee came over and asked me to help her transplant some flowers. So I went over to see what she had. Someone had given her two large blue planters of mums. Since they had recently been put in there, it was easy to separate them out. We took some of my hanging planters, dumped out the warm weather flowers that were in there, and put the mums in. They were so nice. We put the warm weather flowers in the planters with the white mums that were left. Then I went back to my embroidery images. But not before I had a bite to eat. I loaded the image to the embroidery card and put it in my machine. I got out the hoop and sewed a piece of stabilizer inside the hooped stabilizer. I marked the first apron to center the image. I set up the machine and turned it on, bringing up the image. The machine told me that it would take 21 minutes to stitch it out. I turned off the machine, and put on my shoes and my coat. I walked to the town hall meeting in the theater. I spoke to Chris and waved at Myra. Finally the CSO called for people to be seated, so I found a seat beside Anna. The CSO ran the meeting, giving the Nx and commissary people a chance to say what was going on or coming up. He gave the attendees a chance to voice any concerns. Not much came up. Then the commander spoke about several issues that he was aware of. He also asked for any one to voice concerns. Amber mentioned the proposal for a dog park. Elizabeth mentioned the busing of middle schoolers to Daegu. I brought up the new blinds. Deron mentioned the produce in the commissary. And then it was over. I was glad, because kids were running around and giggling and so it was hard for me to hear what was being said. A lot of people went to Duffy's for supper. I spoke to Anna about her sewing poster and how it needed the morning hours added to it. Chris and I went home. We had chili for supper. I read some e-mail and texted Amber about a specific proposal for a dog park site. I wrote down what I could remember from my day. We watched one episode of House and Chris went to bed, having to get up early for a overseas call. I assembled the recyclables and put them by the door. I tried to install skype on my new laptop. But apparently Skype is now owned by Microsoft, who claims I don't have an account with them. Last week I used Skype Preview on this laptop, but I can't find it here now. I would like to say a few words about Microsoft, but I can't do it without using dirty words. I would need those same words to describe how I feel about Windows 10.
* This is the abacus that the antique store owner gave me last week. *

No comments: