Thursday, October 6, 2016

Our 26th anniversary

Last night Firefox crashed and I had to reboot to get it restarted. I had to restart the video as well. It was over an hour long so I did not have time to listen to all of it. I paused it, put the laptop in ‘sleep’ mode and went to bed.
I got up in the morning with pains in my head, but fewer and less intense than before. I got dressed and drank water, hurrying to be ready by 8 for a session with my tapping buddy. But Skype never delivered my rescheduling message. Then Myra called to go walking. I got ready and met her outside. We went down the trail to see the spot she thought would make a good dog park. We walked back down Cherry Blossom Lane, and went up the hill behind my house. The dump site was all cleaned up. As we walked up the road, we spotted tiny persimmons by the side. Myra picked one up and gave it to me. We turned around then because crews were out cleaning up the debris from the storm. Then we walked by Kathy’s house because she texted me about shortening her dress. She put it on and stood on a stool. We pinned it up in the front. Then we took it to Myra’s house. She got out her cutting board and I marked it with a ruler and chalk all the way around. Then I cut it with a rotary cutter. Then we packed it all back in Kathy’s bag. I went home to make and eat breakfast. I took an anti-inflammatory. Chris came home for lunch and handed me an anniversary card. It is our 26th! I finished the interview from last night and started today’s puzzle. I met Myra again. We dropped the bag at Kathy’s house, then walked off post, heading to the tower. We walked up the steps, going over halfway. (There are 365 steps) Then we stopped to rest and stretch. There was a team of Koreans cleaning the steps, so we waited a bit, then came back down. It was harder than going up. My legs felt a little sore. We walked to the nearby market and ran into Sook. As we wandered and talked, we found an unusual fruit. We could not identify it. The seller insisted that we try some. It wasn’t sweet, but was otherwise ok. I bought some. I also bought apples at a nearby stand, and some lettuce. Sook left then and we went back. We stopped at the Chinese massage place. Myra left with my apples but I stayed. I ordered the head to foot massage and paid beforehand. He indicated that I should put on a set of oversized shirt and shorts. I changed and came out for the foot massage. He and I watched a movie on the large screen. I did not understand much, but it involved Korean military, female nurses and a doctor, some famous military leader needing emergency care. Then it was time for the body massage so we went into a small room. Although it was a bit intense at times, he did not push the limit when I winced. It was a really good massage, especially in the shoulders. Myra would have liked it. Maybe if I had taken the muscle relaxer today, it would have been easier? I walked back to base. When I got home, I found the apples on my porch. I called Myra, then met her for some banana leaf wraps that Anna had given her. We met other people walking down to a Hail and Farewell somewhere off post. I picked some dandelion and put it in vinegar water with the lettuce I bought. I raked the side yard and watered impatiens. I rinsed the lettuce and ate it. I also ate an apple. Chris came home from work. I started a loaf of bread. I showed him the unusual fruit. He ate one, and liked it except for the seeds. He also ate a banana wrap, but did not like it. I ate several of them. He made his own supper. I jotted notes for my blog. We watched one episode of Castle. Chris stayed up for a few more minutes until his loaf of bread was done. He put it in the fridge for tomorrow, then set his alarm for 4am and went to bed. I finished my audio, drank some salt water, and went to bed.
* What kind of fruit is this? *

No comments: