Friday, March 31, 2017

April Fool's must be early this year

I listened to a sleep audio on Youtube last night. It did not put me to sleep, but I think I slept ok when I went to bed.
I got up at 8am, still feeling tired. It took a while for my eyes to focus. I checked e-mail and ate a few seed crackers. I got dressed and walked to the FFTC for Community Roundup. Myra was not there yet. I sat with Kim. During the presentation of the 8 week calendar, I spoke up for the sewing class. The Ops officer said he removed it because the schedule might change. During the rounds, I also spoke up for the FRG yardsale, but was told it wasn't approved yet. I was confused because I had seen it posted on Facebook. Terry Parker questioned it and was told that approval had been rescinded pending an amended document. After the meeting, Terry asked me if I had heard approval had been rescinded and I hadn't, of course. I asked the CSO what paperwork I needed to sell quilts on post and was told I did not need any. Myra asked if we could sell to Korean nationals, and he said yes. Even the hair cutter did not need paperwork to cut hair on base. That did not make sense to me. I walked back with Myra and went to her house. She gave me a jar of citrus tea to give to Chris. She showed me the poses she learned in Korean yoga. She started making monkey bread, so I went home. I was making breakfast when Chris came home for lunch. I told him what I heard about not needed paperwork (hence permission) to sell things on base. He said that was not right and he would talk to the CSO. But then when I asked if I could sell quilts without paperwork, he said yes. ???
Terri was gone for the day, but Myra and Dynee wanted to go walking with me. So Dynee came to my house, and then we walked to Myra's place. A new lady, Allicyn happened to be walking past and Myra invited her to walk with us. I gave her a lip balm as a Welcome to Chinhae gift. The four of us walked into town, up and down the streets. We stopped at a coconut vendor and I bought a coconut. The lady drilled a hole in a coconut and stuck in a straw. I drank the juice as we walked. We saw lots of food vendors and jewelry, socks, umbrellas, and covered hammocks. We ran into Jane who was so happy to see us. She got someone to take our picture together. We went by Dr. Juice but did not see anyone there to serve customers. I stopped by the bank, and then we headed back to base, admiring the cherry blossoms and speculating whether they would still be in good shape for the open base event a week from tomorrow.
Dynee and I talked in her yard for awhile. Then I went inside my house. I ate a banana cookie with butter on top. I cracked open the coconut and ate some of the meat. I tried to take a 20 minute nap. I listened to an audio on Hashimoto's Disease.
I bagged up the back support thingy that Cory had lent me a year ago. I took it to his wife's office and thanked her. Then I went to the FFTC. I signed up for a painting class called Corks and Canvasses. While there, I saw the poster for a trip to the Daegu fabric market. I tried to sign up for that, but the sign up sheet was labeled for the Jin Market which is in Busan. I didn't have enough American money anyway. On my way home I stopped at the ATM for dollars. When I got home, I called Myra and told her. She said the MWR people were already aware of it, and the trip was definitely to Daegu.
I checked my phone for messages. I checked the kombucha. It was just right: not sweet and a little fizzy. I scooped out most of the kombucha tea into smaller jars for fridge. Then I boiled half of the water, adding tea bags and sugar. While it cooled, I boiled the rest of the water. Chris came home from confession. He made himself supper. I practiced lip exercises on my trombone.
I listened to a tapping audio. It was hard to hear, so I went into sewing room to listen in the quiet. I took a break when fireworks came up. I ran out so fast I didn't have time to put on my shoes. I tried several vantage points, trying to see them through the cherry blossoms. When they were over, I came back to listen to the rest of the audio. Then I went to the kitchen to make a smoothie. I asked Chris if he got the message about the earthquake. Mine was in Korean. He did, but when I asked for details, he snapped at me. I felt so sad, then mad. I blended up a cucumber and a pepper and some cucumber kimchi. I took it to my sewing room to eat while I tapped furiously. I thought of many things I wanted to say to him. When I felt more composed, I went back to the dining room to tell him what I thought. It went better than I expected. Then we sat on the couch together and watched 4 episodes. Chris went to bed, and soon I shall as well.
* Covered hammocks (creepy?) and potato tornados *

No comments: