Friday, August 11, 2017

Coincidences?

When I woke up this morning, the Burkey was empty, even though I had filled it last night. I reached inside to tighten the faucet, then refilled it. The white filters were still soaking in the bathroom sink. I blew through them and white water came out. I tried priming them at the kitchen sink and it was still hard to get the water to go through, I held each one long enough so that the water coming out was clear. But priming in the other direction did not work, and the directions said it should. I remembered that the lady had said to keep them until the new ones came and see if the new ones worked any better. If they did not, I should send all four back for testing.
Chris came back from breakfast and checked his e-mail. I put the leftover beef into a jar and washed the pot it was in. I drank a quart of water and swished and got dressed. He dressed in a suit, put on his backpack and walked to the transportation office to arrange for our stored goods to be delivered the day we move into the house. I stayed behind to type up my blog for yesterday.
I listened to an interview. I ate an avocado and an egg. Chris came home from his appointment. He told me that the people who have our stuff in storage cannot deliver it until late September. On the other hand, our small shipment from Korea should be delivered the day before we plan to move in. So we will have no furniture or beds, but we will have sheets.
I drove him to work. Then I came back to the hotel room to get my sewing stuff. I called Beverly to tell her I would be leaving soon. Then I headed out to the car. I drove to Huntsville Sew-n-Vac using University Blvd, which I hadn't done before. But I got there.
I walked inside with my machine, looking for the classroom. But they had expanded so much, that it was two doors down. The lady showed me where. Bertha was there and Victoria. I met some new people: Joan, Evelyn, and Silvia. I talked more than I sewed. Beverly came and I went outside to show her where to come in. She brought me baggies of 4” squares to sew together. She also brought the instructions for a past BOM that I never finished. And she brought me patterns of bags she would like to make. I introduced her to the group. We all had a nice chat. Bertha offered to lend us some inflatable mattresses and two chairs when we move in. Beverly said she had a plastic patio table that we could borrow.
Some of the ladies left for lunch. I asked the repair man to look at my machine and he ordered me a new bobbin plate. Joan told us stories about how God had made some miraculous coincidences. When she heard my husband was looking for a job, she told me to send her his resume.
Beverly had to leave early. After she left, I sewed squares into 4-patches until the others were finished. Bertha went looking for material for a backing. I could not help looking at fabric too. But I didn't get any. I went home, thinking to pack before Chris got home, but he was already in the room. I threw some sewing patterns in a box for Myra. I sealed it and addressed it and took it to the post office. I had to fill out a customs form. The clerk weighed it and said it was $23. He recommended a flat rate box so I got a medium one. He crammed them in and sealed the box for me. That saved me $10. He also had a package for me. I took the box and drove back to the hotel. I put on an interview from the parasite summit and made breakfast. Then I started packing, kind of. The kitchen counter top was wet and I surmised that the Burkey faucet was not tight enough. Chris said to drain it and dry it and reassemble it at the beach.
After the interview, we drove to the library, returning the DVDs and getting more books. When we got back, I listened to another interview from the same summit. The first speaker had talked about fever therapy. The second talked about digestive strategies. I send Chris' resume to Joan.
So, the packing continued: first the clothing and then the supplements. I made a breakfast for tomorrow so I could pack the ingredients. Then I packed my toiletries. Thinking I might be finished, I stopped to write up my blog for later.
Then we hooked the TV to my laptop and watched two episodes of The 4400. We don't know why it didn't work two weeks ago, but tonight it worked fine.
I took my evening supplements and went to bed.
* This is the quilt top Leslie was working on yesterday. *

No comments: