Thursday, August 17, 2017

She's a teenager now

I went to bed at 11, hearing Olivia on her laptop. I woke up at 6:30, hearing Olivia on her laptop. Did she sleep at all?
But I stayed in bed for awhile. I drank two large glasses of Burkey water. I started reading e-mail while swishing. Then Michele skyped me. Sadly I could not see her, just the image of her stuffed lamb. We talked for a bit in place, then I took my laptop upstairs so she could talk to the others. But Cecily told me to take it away, so I brought her (via the laptop) back down to the bedroom. We talked until she had to meet her ride to the airport. During the conversation, I saw Becca and Cecily walk to the beach access. Then it was my turn.
I put on my suit and took a towel and walked to the beach. Cecily watched while Becca and I got our feet wet. The waves were low and the tide was out. It was perfect for swimming, but I did not trust my ankle. So I did not go far. Becca went in further, but then she saw a crab and came out. We sat on the beach for a bit. I buried my feet in the sand. After a while Al came out and helped Cecily carry her chair back to the beach house. Becca went back in to the sea. I felt like I was getting sun burnt so I wrapped my towel around my shoulders. I told Becca I needed to leave, and she came with me back to the house.
I grabbed an egg and avocado from the downstairs fridge. I took them upstairs and put them in a bowl. I ate the food, then rinsed the bowl.
I went to my room. I called William and talked for a bit. I watched part of a video, but it went long and there was no way to tell how long it was going to be, so I paused it. I went upstairs to make breakfast and read my book while I ate.
Then I wrapped some ice in a towel and sat outside with the ice on my ankle. Cecily brought me some hot water and a lobster pot. I soaked my ankle for some time. I used the ice again, then heat, and ice and then heat. I dried off my foot and came inside.
I told Chris I was ready to go to Harris Teeter. He drove me there and we got bone broth and carrots and eggs for the trip. When we got back, I drank most of a package of bone broth. Then I finished reading the book.
I sat and talked with the cooks (Chris, Becca, Cecily) as they made shwarma, rice, cauliflower steaks, chopped veggies, etc. I drizzled the oil on the cauliflower and added salt and pepper before Becca baked it. I also sliced tomatoes for supper.
When it was all ready, we held hands and Chris said a prayer. We commenced eating. The shwarma was very good and so were the cauliflower steaks.
When we finished eating, Becca brought out a pecan pie with a 1 and a 3 on it for Olivia's 13th birthday. Al cut the pie and Chris put ice cream and whipped cream on the plates. Olivia read her cards and opened her present.
Then Becca and the kids went for a walk on the beach. Chris cleaned up. I went down to my room to take my Thursday evening tapping call. It went well. I tapped for frustration and living in limbo for so long.
After the call, I went looking for Chris to see if he wanted to watch some TV. He was playing his game. I went back to our room to start writing my blog. Chris showed up before I finished. We watched two episodes of SHIELD. Then he went to sleep while I finished my blog.

No comments: