Thursday, August 24, 2017

Walking helps

Chris' alarm went off at 5:30. He got up and took a shower. When he got out, he got under the covers and proclaimed that there was no hot water. I snuggled up to warm him. When he was warmed enough (not a euphemism), he got dressed and went to work.
I got up to stretch because I hurt all over. I played the rest of the GMO interview that started last night: Roundup is a lot more toxic than glyphosate alone. Glyphosate allows the toxins already in your body (lead, mercury, aluminum, etc) to pass through the blood/brain barrier. That leads to brain fog and memory loss. Monsanto owns or controls 85% of the food supply in the U.S. And now they are going to sell it to Bayer, a German company. Glyphosate is also an antibiotic that is more effective on good bacteria than bad bacteria. When good bacteria is destroyed, they can't make the neurotransmitters.
I drank bone broth and ate some cashews with butter. I cleared the carpet as much as I could to prepare for shampooing. Two maids came by and took the garbage and gave me a clean wash cloth.
At 10, the front desk called to say that Maintenance was coming to shampoo the carpet. I said I was waiting for them. I packed up my laptop and put it and the table on the bed. I moved the office chair into the bathroom and the suitcase that I was using as an end table. I packed my sewing stuff to go and picked up the machine. I got tired of waiting and headed out to sewing.
But my first stop was the bank. I got more funds so I could have a massage next week. Then I went to see the Thursday group. I brought my machine and the pairs of squares. As I talked to Marjory and Leanne, I sewed more pairs and sewed pairs together.
At 2, I packed up my work and took it to my car. On the way back to base, all the traffic lights were green. But I had to stop at gate 10 to hand my ID to the guard. I punched on the AC temporarily so the engine would not stop.
Then I went to the post office to check for non-existent mail. My back was in pain and I promised myself a walk. I drove to the motel and then went up the hill to see what was there. It looked like a club. So I parked at the motel. I went in the room to get something to drink. The carpet looked swept but not at all wet.
For my walk, I went to the swimming pool nearby to check the hours. It is open 7 days a week, but costs $3. Then I walked uphill to where the club was, followed a trail in the woods, went back to the motel and headed in the other direction, past the golf course and up to the club house. By the time I got back, the yard men were finished. As I headed for the steps, the maintenance man stopped me to ask about the lamp. I had requested a night stand and lamp for my side of the bed. He only had the lamp. He said he had shampooed the carpet and dried it with a big fan. I told him I hadn't noticed the smell earlier so it must be gone.
I made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail. Chris came home from work. He said we might not be moving into a house until next Thursday. UGHHH!!!
I listened to a podcast. At 5 I paused it and took a book outside. I got a folding chair from the car and sat in a grassy area to read for an hour with my bare feet on the ground. Then I put the chair back in the car and went back to the room. I did not notice the smell when I walked in the door.
Chris had cooked beef and barley. So I had some of that and a can of organic Italian vegetable soup. I resumed the podcast until my tapping buddy called me at 7. She could hear me but I couldn't hear her. I rebooted my laptop and then realized I had the sound turned off (so why could I hear the podcast but not her?) Anyway, we had a very good session. We worked on her issues but I got a lot out of it, too.
Chris washed the dishes and then we watched TV; 2 episodes of SHIELD. My back was hurting a lot, so he pulled on my arms to stretch my spine and it helped. After the show, he went to bed and I stayed up to take my evening supplements and finish my blog post.
* This is a peek-a-boo quilt from Tuesday. The little flags lift up to reveal a Dr. Seuss character. *

No comments: