Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Synchronicity

Last night, when I picked up my tablet to cue music to sleep by, it showed me the low battery screen. There was no outlet near my side of the bed, so I plugged it in across the room and eventually fell asleep without it.
In the morning, dawn was appearing through the blinds when I woke up in a sweat. I threw off the covers and lay in the chill, not feeling it. I had turned the temp down for the night which helps me sleep.
I filled up the Berkey again and this time the water seemed clear. I decided to wash it before drinking the water.
Chris put on his pants and ripped the hem. I took them into the bathroom whee the light was bright enough to see. I handsewed the hem on both legs. He got dressed but didn't go to breakfast. I rinsed out the Berkey, took off the fluoride filters and purged them again. I reattached them, but maybe one was too tight?
Then I started my coffee morning. I boiled water in a pot, using the last of it. I put on some soothing music. I did my exercise routine and drybrushed. I heard the maid outside and wanted to put up the ' do not disturb ' sign, but there wasn't one so I locked the door.,
I meditated, and tapped for not liking this place and for finding a way to be at peace with it. When I was done, I cleaned the sink and kitchen. I threw the cinnamon sticks and orange peels in with the coffee grounds and boiled them to help the room smell better. I started listening to a podcast. I paused it to ask the maid for a new roll of toilet paper. I drank some bone broth, and researched infrared heating pads at length because the price is so high. I made my decision but did not finalize the order. I took a shower and got dressed, the listened to more of the podcast. While listening, I ate two eggs and some cashews and butter.
I made a list of things that should be done this afternoon and did some tapping to remove resistance to doing them. Then I went to thrift store to get the coffee pot and other stuff that I left behind yesterday. When I got back to my car, I found it impossible to make a left turn across three lanes of traffic. So I turned right, went to Pulaski not knowing where it would take me, but I found my way back to Jordan.
I went in gate 10 and checked the post office. No mail. I stopped at the hotel lobby for a comment card (there were not enough lines for all of my comments). Then I drove back to the motel and called Cecelia to plan a visit.
I was looking for Gabriele's number when I saw she had e-mailed measking if I wanted to come for a massage at 4:30 today. I told her no because I had a meeting at 4.
I made and ate breakfast, then took the vase that belongs to the church and headed out. I was so concerned about being on time that I left without my phone. I arrived at the church a few minutes early. I parked around back and waited. I saw several cars come in the parking lot and drive out again. Then I went inside the church to leave the vase with the others, but that room was locked so I left it where it could be found easily. Then I went out back to sit on one of the benches. I waited until 4:15 but no one came.
So I headed to the place where Gabriele gives her massages. I asked for her and was told that she was in session. I decided to wait and it wasn't long before she came out. She was happy to see me and remembered me well.
So, we talked and she gave me a full body massage. It was good, especially knowing how much training she has. It gave me faith that when it hurt, it was still ok. And it hurt a lot less than the ones in Korea.
After the massage I got dressed and made another appointment for next week. We talked some more and then I got in my car and thought hard about how best to get home from there. The route I chose was easy but included some very long lights.
When I got to the motel, Chris was there, playing on his laptop. I checked my phone but there were no messages. I ate some beef and looked at Amazon, checking prices on items that I might want to order with the heating pad because I had enough for free shipping. But nothing was quite right, so I just completed the order as it was.
I read e-mail, letting Chris know that I was ready to watch TV anytime he was. I had given up and started listening to an interview when he shut his laptop and turned on the TV. Then we sat in bed and watched one episode. He went to sleep and I stayed up to post to my blog.
* This is what Beverly 2 was working on yesterday. *

No comments: