Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Ready or not, here it comes

I woke up in the middle of the night, sweating. I turned on the fan and laid down again, but sleep had a hard time finding me. But it must have, since I did not hear Chris get up. I got up at 8.
I drank lots of water, and swished. Then I took my high-powered vitamin C, and made breakfast. I had to use the mixing bowl that I bought yesterday at the thrift shop because the set of dishes I borrowed did not have bowls. After eating, I emptied the dishwasher and put my bowl inside. We talked about Chris flying to Atlanta on Friday to get his car because it was so far to drive (+ time spent processing the car) that we would have to spend the night. I searched through the suitcases for clean clothes. But I had to wear what little I found. Faye called while I was getting dressed.
I read e-mail for a bit, wondering when the movers would arrive and thinking I could have done a coffee and meditation morning. Then I started listening to next episode of GMO's Revealed: the dentist said fluoridated water changed the hydroxyapatite in teeth to fluorapatite, which is harder but more brittle. It does the same thing to your bones. Fluoride is associated with hypothyroidism. Men have to wear hazmat suits when adding the fluoridation to the fresh water supply. This kind of fluoride is a waste product from the manufacture of phosphorus fertilizer and two other sources. He said something good about ionic calcium and phosphorous, but I can't remember what it was. Another speaker talked about heart diseases being based on sulfate deficiency. Statins deplete sulfates. Aluminum and retinol A in sunscreen interferes with the skin's ability to make sulfate. The researcher won't let her grandkids wear sunscreen. She and her husband buy 100% of their food organic.
I paused it near the end when the movers finally arrived around noon. They had gone to Birmingham by mistake and got caught in the bad weather and traffic. Chris moved our little table and chairs to the back porch to be out of the way. The movers laid blue runners on the floors and then started carrying boxes and furniture off the truck and through the garage. It was raining cats and dogs. I stood at the bar and checked off sticker numbers on the multiple sheets as the men came through. There were three sets of sheets, one for each color of sticker, and the numbers overlapped. I also directed them on where to put the boxes. Chris helped carry boxes from the dollies into the rooms and made some of the decisions on where things should go. We were painfully aware of the difference in house size from the one we left 2 years ago to this one. Fewer rooms meant we couldn't just throw the boxes in the rooms they came from.
Chris left to buy burgers, fries and drinks for the guys. They stopped to eat and I listened to some more of the interviews. I ate some seed crackers with fermented nut cheese on them. I had to pause again when the men got back to work. When they brought in the sideboard, I moved the papers with the sticker numbers to the top of it, so that I no longer had to stand on something to see the papers. They brought in the pieces of the beds, but did not have the hardware so could not assemble them. Before they left, Chris showed them the legs for the dining room table. Two of the dowels were broken. We did not know when it happened. The man in charge said he would fix them and ship them back to us.
After they left, we moved some boxes and bed pieces in the master bedroom so that the loose windows could be fixed. I don't think I mentioned that two men came this morning to look at those windows and see what needed to be done. We also set up the boxsprings and mattress in the guest room for tonight.
Then Chris roasted some cauliflower and egg plant in the oven for me. I heated up some bone broth and added lots of pieces of seaweed. It was very warm and comforting. I unpacked a box, looking for dishes, but did not find any.
Chris set up the little table for me to read e-mail and he sat at an old desk that the movers brought. I read e-mail and did some tapping. I tried out the piano. All the keys worked and the octaves were acceptable.
When Chris was ready, he brought his laptop into the living room and we sat together to watch two episodes of SHIELD. I got a text from my massage therapist to confirm our appointment tomorrow. Chris said it was ok if I went, even if the movers were not done. I called my therapist and she reminded me that we are doing the facial and the tummy massage. I had forgotten but am looking forward to it.
After watching, I took my evening supplements while Chris dressed the mattress. Then I posted to my blog and joined him in bed.

No comments: