Friday, August 4, 2017

Low phytate seed crackers?

I tried to go back to sleep after Chris left, but I am not sure I did. I got up a little after 7. I drank a pint of the lemon water. I swished with coconut oil and magnesium oil. I brushed my teeth. I drank the rest of the lemon water. I checked e-mail. I ate some cherries. I messaged one of my friends back in Korea. I also messaged Beverly to get her address. Then I got dressed and made breakfast, leaving out the items that were probably high in phytic acid. There wasn't much left to eat. So after eating my breakfast, I ate a hard boiled egg as well.
At noon, I went to the WalMart neighborhood store. I wandered the aisles until I found the nuts and the seeds. I bought macadamia nuts and a can of coconut milk.
Then I drove to Beverly's house. She had just gotten home so I must have been a little early. We went into her kitchen. She pulled out cookie sheets and parchment paper. I pulled out my seed cracker ingredients. She got some bowls and we mixed up two batches, one with pumpkin seeds for her and one with macadamia nuts for me (lower in phytic acid).
She showed me her new sewing machines and her quilts in progress. She even showed me quilt projects that she had inherited. I picked out a blue to border her Aubrun quilt block. Then she packed the seed crackers in a bag. She gave me instructions on how to get home. Then she had to get ready for work while I headed back to the hotel.
I came back on University, pulled over into the Jordan lane turn, but it was a little too soon and I found myself facing a concrete curb with the proper turn lane just ahead of it. I checked my right side mirror and pulled around. There was a loud honk and a car swerved around me. I pulled off a few pieces of seed cracker and proceeded back to the hotel, intending to find my car's blind spots later.
Chris was in the room, changing his clothes. We went to the post office. He checked the mail and then I asked him to step around the car very slowly so I could see where my blind spots are. He did and I made a mental note.
When we got back, he read e-mail and I researched the meridians of the teeth. He called Housing and they said the house we looked at yesterday had been rented already. They offered him two other houses: a 3 bdrm and a 5 bdrm. They said he had to put down $125 to reserve a house, but as it was already 5pm, it would have to be Monday. He asked her to send the paperwork anyway. He and I decided to walk over there tomorrow morning to see the property.
I put some ground beef, kimchi and sprouts in a bowl for supper. Chris made his usual burrito. I listened to an interview on the Silva method. I jotted some notes for my blog and did some stretching. I made up some baking soda/coconut oil toothpaste and added ionic mineral drops. I brushed and swished with it.
I took my book (did I mention that we stopped by the library yesterday?) and went out the back of the hotel to sit in the barbecue area and read. But there were three guys there so I was going to choose a chair outside the area. They invited me to sit with them and have a beer, though I declined the beer. Then they offered me a burger, which I declined. But the conversation was interesting. I didn't get all that they said – army lingo I guess. Anyway, I stayed until 8 and then had to leave.
I rejoined Chris who was reading in our room. I thought he wanted to watch TV but he had other ideas. Then we watched several episodes of The 4400. After that, I typed up my blog and prepared for bed – after I responded to messages on Facebook.
* I forgot to take pics today, so here is one from last week. *

No comments: