Saturday, August 26, 2017

It's complicated

Last night I stuffed towels around the cracks in the door to stop the light. Then other lights in the room seemed brighter – the laptops, the microwave, the alarm clock...
I woke up before 5:30. My back did not hurt when I got up, but started after a bit. I went back to bed and did some calming meditation. The alarm went off and Chris got up to get ready for work. I drank several glasses of water and went back to bed. Around 6:45 I got up to stretch in ways I couldn't in bed.
I started playing the next episode of GMOs Revealed: When you edit or change one gene, others change themselves in response. If you eat something with double strand helix technology, it can insert itself in your DNA. Weeds become Roundup resistant, so Monsanto is bringing out 2,4D and Dicamba – so more toxins in the environment and food supply. kids who changed to non-gmo diet symptoms went away. Chemical runoff from GMO testing in the Hawaiian islands is destroying the coral reefs. We are growing weakling plants that need to be sprayed because they can't compete against weeds or insects or fungi.
The back pain went away. I swished, and drank a lot of water. I took liposomal vit C. I sipped some bone broth. It is expensive so I looked into better pricing on the internet. I thought the maids would come by, but they didn't.
Chris called to say our shipment had arrived. I started making breakfast. Chris called back to say we have an appointment Monday afternoon to move in to the house, but he is scheduling our shipment to be delivered on Tuesday because the carpets are being shampooed Monday morning.
I ate breakfast, and mixed up some powders for future breakfasts. Then I washed dishes.
At 12:30 I left for church. When Tim arrived, he explained to me how he counts the church offering and records it on the computer and on the deposit ticket. It was complicated. I took some notes but figured there would be more questions later.
We spent more than an hour so I called Cecelia to tell her I was on my way.
When I got to her house, she greeted me with a hug. I shook hands with her husband who was wearing an oxygen tube. She and I sat on the couch and had a nice talk. She showed me her house. She gave me some sewing machine feet that for whatever reason did not get sold with her machine. I talked to Art, and met her daughter and grandchildren. Then I headed out, down the parkway. I was a little unsure about the traffic pattern, but I had no trouble finding my way to Airport road and back to base.
Chris was sitting at his laptop when I got there. I read about cysts. One man said there would be a pain point somewhere nearby that needed to be massaged. I found the pain point between my forearm bones under my watch. I rubbed it and the cyst shrank a little.
I raided the fridge for something to eat, but what I really wanted was some cooked vegetables. So I took the grocery list and headed to the store.
Chris came along. We stopped at the gas station to refuel. Then we went to Kroger. We wandered all over because the list wasn't in order. I got three cans of organic soup. Chris met a Spanish-speaking guy in the egg section. I picked up all the remaining items and joined him there. He was having a ball speaking Spanish. Then he introduced me and the man presented his wife and kids. They went off to check out and we picked out some organic eggs and then baggies.
After we checked out, we took the stuff home and put it away. I ate a can of the soup. We watched one episode of SHIELD. We started a second one, but the compulsion to sleep came over me so strongly that I succumbed to it. Then Chris asked me if I wanted to turn it off, which woke me up. He turned it off and went to bed and I laid half-awake, trying to go back to sleep.
* I didn't take any pics yesterday so here is one from Knoxville. *

No comments: