Thursday, August 31, 2017

The most wonderful massage

I woke up in the middle of the night, sweating. I turned on the fan. But it was still hard to sleep. Chris was already up and using his laptop. I finally got up and took a shower. Then I started listening to the next (and last) episode while drinking, swishing and then making breakfast.
Take-aways: Moms buy 85% of the food, so if they stop buying GMO food, companies will respond. The parasitic energy of the food industry, etc, is really creepy. It is a moral fault to support with your dollars things you don't agree with. Roundup is often found in local parks as well our food. Farmers stress plants through lack of nutrients (courtesy of Round-up) to produce more fruit. Glyphosate is also a fungicide, affects absorption of nutrients, robs tryptophan from the food chain. The glycine in it replaces our natural glycine. Glyphosate is an antibiotic, which is bad because 90% percent of the enzymatic work done in the human body is done by bacteria.
I paused the episode at 9 when the movers arrived. I put the Berkey filter unit in the kitchen so the men could have filtered water, but no one took any. They carried boxes off the truck, mostly of books. I checked off sticker numbers and directed placement. Chris helped them move boxes and stacked them. We got our couch and china cabinet. After everything was in, they assembled the beds, a table and the piano bench.
They had no idea how to assemble the water bed, but I had taken pics in 2011 when it was being assembled. That helped a lot. And I took more pics for next time. A set of instructions would be more helpful. Chris stepped inside the frame and broke one of the boards under the mattress. But it was possible to finish the bed anyway. He agreed that we needed new boards, but would not say how soon that might happen.
When everything had been checked off and the gaps filled, Chris signed the paperwork and the men left. We pulled sheets and a blanket out of a box. He and I tinkered with the washer and dryer to hook them up. We decided that plumbers tape and a different pigtail was needed. At 1:30 I drove to my massage. I was a little early so I wandered through the shop, looking at supplements. I ran into Elaine and we talked. Then Gabriele ushered me into her treatment room. I showed her the cyst and she rubbed my forearm intensely for a bit. Then she left while I undressed and laid on the table. When she came back, she massaged my psoas muscles and then all the organs and such in my stomach. After that, she massaged my face and put hot towels on it. She rubbed my neck between hot towels. It was wonderful.
Afterward I lay there, enjoying the soft music. Eventually I got up and dressed. I went to her office to pay and we talked some more. She recommended a chiropractor named Dr. Johnson. I drank the water I had brought with me. Then I left.
I proceeded down to Home Depot. Just outside the entrance, they were selling mumms 4 for $5. So I got 4. Then I went searching the electrical department for a pigtail for the dryer. I had taken a pic of the outlet and knew which one to get. There was only one of that kind. Then I searched for plumber's tape. That I couldn't find, so I had to buy something similar used for the same purpose.
On the way home, I stopped by Publix. I got some cans of organic soup and some coconut water. By the time I got back, it was 5. Chris had emptied several boxes of kitchen ware and fancy glasses. I gave him the pigtail and tape. I put the mums in the front bed. With some effort, we connected the hoses for the washing machine and started it. Then we worked on the dryer. The hose was a lot longer than needed, so it kinked. I was looking for scissors to trim it with when I heard Chris talking to someone. So I walked out front to see him greeting our next door neighbor. She was quite a talker and told us more about her than I thought was safe. I gathered that they are a quiet couple with absent grown children. I invited her to our church.
After the conversation, I got the leftover eggplant and cauiliflower from the fridge. I sat out on the back porch and ate it. Then I walked around the yard, trying to pull up weeds, but some were too entrenched. I went to the kitchen to open a can of soup, but I heard my skype ringing. So I went to my laptop and discovered my tapping buddy. I had forgotten!
So we had a good hour tapping for driving and uncertainty.
Then I resumed listening to the episode while Chris finished up his game. After that, we sat together on the couch and watched an episode of SHIELD on his laptop. He had already dressed the bed. I had him pull out my suitcase so I could put those clothes in a dresser. Then I turned off the light so he could sleep and I went to take my evening supplements and post to my blog.

No comments: