Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Shopping on a bad ankle

I am not sure when I woke up. My tongue hurt like I'd been chewing on it. I got up to drink a glass of water and swish with magnesium. Then I went back to bed and tapped for dental stress until I fell asleep.
When I woke up again, it was after 8. I got another glass of water and put minerals and vinegar in it. I drank that, then started swishing with coconut oil while I checked e-mail. I sent William a birthday message on Skype.
Becca wanted to go to the beach, so when my phone call was over, I put on my suit and went down to the pool. She and her son were waiting. We took our towels and walked to the beach.
The waves were rough and there were 'no swimming' signs posted. So we stood in the surf looking for shells and trying to stay upright. It was kind of fun, until a wave hit me wrong and I stretched a tendon in my leg. After a while, we went back to the house.
I got in the hot tub, but could not stay out of the sun. I then went into the pool but it was too sunny as well. So I rested on the one lounge chair that was in the shade.
Then I went up to our old room. I took clothes and the food box and moved it to our new room. Then I washed up and got dressed.
I went upstairs to make breakfast. After I ate it, Cecily and I cut up watermelon, strawberries and blueberries to make a fruit salad for supper. We only used a small portion of the watermelon, so I carried the other half of the watermelon to the fridge on the bottom floor. That's when I noticed shooting pains in my left ankle. So I did not go back up stairs. I sat by the pool, eating my last cucumber and soaking my foot in the salt water. It was late enough that I could sit in the shade. I was a little pink from being out earlier.
Then I went to our old room because that was where my laptop was plugged in. I read e-mail, and drank the rest of the bone broth. Chris asked me if I wanted to go to the store with him. (Cecily had given him a list.) I needed some exercise that did not involve going up and down steps, so I went. Al drove us in his car. We wandered through Food Lion picking out items on the list. I didn't think about bone broth until we checked out. Then I looked at the package of hotdogs and asked Chris if we needed buns, too. So he called back to the house, and yes, buns were wanted as well. So Al and I waited for Chris to come back with the buns. Then we went back.
Chris asked if I wanted to walk to the store tomorrow to get bone broth and I agreed, hoping my ankle would feel better by then.
I watched an episode of TQS, while reading e-mail. I wanted to sit on the porch but it was too noisy. I nearly fell asleep sitting on the bed. Then Al invited me to go to the store for catsup and relish. So I went along, and looked for bone broth. But discovered that Food Lion did not have bone broth.
When we got back, Cecily said I had to go to the kitchen at 6:15 to slice up tomatoes for supper and that I was supposed to eat 4 tomatoes a day. Ha!
I started using MS Paint to erase the background on another quilt.
At 6:15 I went up to slice tomatoes for supper. Chris and Al were grilling pork tenderloin and hotdogs. Becca made mac-n-cheese for William. When the meat was ready, Chris sliced it and we sat at the table for prayers.
Al kept saying what a nice meal it was; pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, tomatoes, spinach, snap peas, and apple crisp.
We talked long after we finished eating. It got dark. William asked Cecily to go to the pool with him, and she did. I went to the second floor to get my phone to take a picture. The pool was nicely lit, which helped a lot. I sat outside, but not for long. The chairs were not comfortable and there was lightning. I went inside to get on my laptop. It had frozen. I called up the task manager and that seemed to convince the rest of the programs to work again. I finished the quilt picture. Then I tried to e-mail, but could not get a response from the internet even though it said I was connected. I rebooted, but that did not help. I called Chris to ask him to bring in my bathing suit from the railing outside. I also asked him to debut my laptop. He came to the room I was in to look. But he did not know what the problem was. I rebooted again. I started reading a library book. Occasionally I would stop to check the internet, with no luck. Then Al came to Chris and asked if he was connected to the internet. So it wasn't just me.
I had to go to his room to use the bathroom. I asked him if I could use my phone to create a hotspot to post to my blog. And he said 'probably'. I didn't think either of us knew how.
I went back to our old room and started writing my blog. By the time I finished, the internet was back up. Good news for my blog readers.
* Not the greatest pic, but it's all I took today. *

No comments: