Tuesday, August 8, 2017

More thrift shops

I did not sleep well last night due to night sweats waking me up. Maybe going out to eat wasn't such a good idea. Chris got up at 5:30 to get ready for work. I heard him leave for breakfast. I tried to meditate until sleep came, but that didn't work. And he never came back from breakfast. When I finally got up, it was just after 6:30.
I drank some water and started writing my blog post from yesterday. When I had it written and ready to go, I downloaded pics from my phone. There was a pop-up on my phone that wanted to install updates and I told it to go ahead. Sadly, just as I selected the pics I wanted to download and was about to move them to the laptop, the pics disappeared as the phone rebooted. ARGGH! So I started writing today's blog while I waited. It took a long time because it said it was upgrading 180 apps. ??? I didn't upload that many. I swished with coconut oil and magnesium oil. When the phone was done upgrading, I rescued my pics and posted to my blog.
I listened to an interview on grounding. I looked for my grounding cord. I found it in my carry-on. But the gel pad was gone. So I looked up how to make conductive gel. It was simple, but resulted in a more watery product than I wanted.
I drove to the church on Jordan for quilting. I talked to the people at each table and saw what they were working on before I sat down by Dawn and set up my cutting mat. Jodi came in and sat beside me, and then Beverly arrived and sat by Jodi. Like yesterday, I did more talking than working, but we had a good time. I cut strips and strips sets for four more blocks. Dawn gave me a sheaf of papers with the addresses of thrift shops, and even drew a map with the numbers circled.
At 11 it broke up. The ladies packed up and went home. I got in Beverly's car and we went to the Asian market where I bought kimchi and kimbap. The kimchi was fresher than I prefer, so I didn't mind that it came with us as we searched for thrift shops. We found one on Bob Wallace. It was kinda full but still nice. There was a sewing machine there, but it was $50. I found a small blender market $7. I was going to get it and then I saw the Nutri-Bullet. It looked brand new and all the pieces were there. At $30 it was a bit high. So the first one was a little small for what I needed, but the second one was more than what I wanted. But I bought it anyway, along with a piece of fabric.
Then we drove over to the Humane Society's thrift shop. It was a lot bigger inside than it looked. They had a sewing machine too, but it was $125 and did not have any sewing feet or the case that clicks into the free arm to provide a flat space to work. I found some fabric and a PVC quilt frame. When I paid for the items, I remarked to the clerk that the sewing machine was missing parts. He did not seem interested.
Beverly took me back to the church to get my car. I put my ID in the card holder affixed to the back of the sun visor. Then I drove back to post through gate 10. I continued on to the post office. I checked our PO box but it was empty. Then I went back to the hotel.
The kimchi was dripping from the bag as I carried it across the parking lot. I took a moment to right the container so I would not drip in the hotel. When I got to the room, I set it on the counter. I was going to save the kimbap for later but I was so hungry that I ate it with the remainder of the kimchi from last week.
I texted Jodi a pic of my hashtag blocks, but it did not go through. I washed all the pieces of the Nutri-Bullet and some other dishes sitting around. Then I mixed sunflower seeds and cashews in one cup to soak.
I was reading about the Budwig diet when Chris' flip phone rang. The dealership wanted to know what he thought of the new car. So I gave the lady an earful about the start/stop system. Had I remembered that the phone was pay-per-call, I would have kept it short.
Soon Chris came home from work. He said our reservations here would run out on the 20th and the hotel was fully booked for the 21st and 22nd so we needed a place to stay until our move-in date on the 24th. I was thinking of friends who might have a guest room, but he called some 800 number and they gave him another number and soon we had reservations for some other building on post. I asked if we needed to come back a day early from the beach to check out and he said he thought he could arrange a late check-out from the hotel.
He needed to return some books, and I needed gas, so he drove us to the gas station and I put gas in the car. Then he drove us to the library where we both got more books.
When we got back to the hotel, I tried texting again but kept getting the message that multimedia messages were not allowed on the network. I was too hungry to call the company. I made and ate breakfast. I read about how to make your own sunscreen. Not that I had the ingredients.
At 7 I drove to the church for the Stewardship committee meeting. I took the Martin Road exit figuring it would be faster. It took almost 25 minutes to get to church. Art was there so we talked for a bit until the others arrived. Then Art went through the numbers on the general fund and Dave went through the numbers on the capital fund. After the meeting, we talked about how the church was doing and then they asked how I was doing. Finally we turned off the lights and left. I asked the pastor how his wife was doing, and then we both drove away.
Going back, I went straight down Bailey Cove until it ended, then turned on Triana and Drake and then Patton. I was on post in 20 minutes.
On the way to the room, I noticed that the elevator and the hallway smelled like french fries. Chris was on his laptop. I ate the nuts that had been soaking for days. And the hot flashes started right after. Then we watched two episodes of SHIELD. I fell asleep several times during the second episode. Chris settled in to sleep after he turned off the DVD. But I got up to finish my blog and take my evening supplements.
* A strip quilt top intended to be a Quilt of Valor. *

No comments: