Friday, August 11, 2017

Water, water, everywhere

I heard Chris get ready and leave for breakfast. He came back with a banana, then went to work. I stayed in bed, but got up before 7. I did some stretches and drank a quart of water. I listened to an interview with cancer survivor Chris Whark.
I made up supplement doses for the rest of this week and next. I did not have enough little pill bottles to put them in, so I used some empty glasses for this week. I distilled some water by boiling it on the stove and dripping the condensate into a glass. It wasn't much, but I didn't need much. I ordered more supplements; checking on Amazon prices vs Swanson. Astaxanthin was cheaper on Amazon BUT they wouldn't ship it to my address. WHAT!?!?! So I ordered it from Swansons, but then they wouldn't ship the bitters. I changed the address on my account from Korea to here. It still wasn't working so I called Swansons. (I can do that now.) She had me go ahead and check out and the bitters went through just fine.
For breakfast, I ate an avocado, soaked nuts, and the rest of the goat cheese. I added the distilled water to the nut cheese. I picked up my machine and sewing gear and headed to Stitch-Its.
I had no trouble driving. When I got there, it seemed like the place was full. I talked to Mary for a few minutes, and then found a seat by Leslie. She was really glad to see me. She and I talked for awhile. When I was caught up on her life, I talked to Marjory and caught up on hers. I didn't get much sewing done up to that point. But then the conversation went three- and four-way and I sewed as we talked. Leslie invited me to go paddle-boarding sometime. I accepted, wondering why she didn't ask anyone else. Then I looked around the room and realized the average age was probably 70. Ok.
About 3 I had made six blocks, I packed up to go. I wanted to stop at Publix and the ladies were trying to tell me there was a closer one but I had never been there or even in that area so I went to the one I knew on Whitesburg. I got 4 cans of coconut water. It wasn't my usual brand and maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Anyway, on the way home I drank one of the cans. It had pieces of coconut in it which was kind of nice.
When I parked, I left the sewing stuff in the car. As I passed the front desk, I mentioned the noisy refrigerator. When I got to the room, I started making breakfast. The front desk called to say the maintenance man was on his way. I let him in when he arrived. I pulled the washcloth from the crevice and he could hear the buzz. He pulled it out from the wall and found the source of the vibration. Chris tried to get in the door but it was blocked. The man finished tightening the screw or whatever, pushed the fridge back enough to let Chris in, then pulled it back out to put the panel back on. He was happy that it was a simple job.
After he left, Chris and I went to the post office. Chris went in while I played with my transmission, seeing if the engine would stop in reverse, but it didn't. Chris came back with a pile of boxes.
When we got back to the hotel, I opened the boxes, taking out the supplements and putting them away. The last box contained the Burkey. I washed my hands and all the pieces. I read the directions. I primed the two black filters and assembled the faucet and chambers. It seemed to go well, until the end when the second set of filters was to be installed. I tried to prime them under the faucet at the sink like I did the black ones, but the water wouldn't go through. It kept spraying over the sides. When Chris tried, and it did the same for him, I called the 1-800 number. The lady suggested a few things, then said she'd send a new pair.
After the call, I put the white filters in a sink full of water to soak. Bubbles came out of the ends. I blew through them and some water came out, but it took a lot of effort. I couldn't see how gravity was going to pull water through them.
I made a salad, and read e-mail. I started listening to a podcast on tapping. Myra messaged me so I messaged her back. Then my phone rang and it was Myra. We had a nice chat like old times. It was good just to hear her voice, but also to catch up.
After the call, I called Cecelia, who had called my other phone while I was talking to Myra. She had to cancel our visit for tomorrow. I promised to call her when I got back from the beach. Then I blew more water through the filters. It was a little easier this time. I gave them clean water to soak in, and put all the packing materials back in the box.
I jotted some notes for my blog while waiting for Chris to finish his game. We watched two episodes of Agents of SHIELD, and I nearly fell asleep. I tried to get up to write my blog post, but my balance was off and I fell on the bed. It felt like I was drugged. So I let it go and fell asleep.

No comments: