Wednesday, August 9, 2017

"Paint"ing some quilts

Chris got ready for work, went to breakfast and did not come back. I got up about 6:20, went back to bed. I found myself fuming about the start/stop technology on my car. So I did some tapping. It wasn't working so I figured I needed to rehydrate first. So I got up to drink a quart of water. The fridge was making noise again, and I wedged the dish cloth a little tighter into the crevice between the fridge and counter top.
I made a quart of lemon water, and took some niacin. I cleared the e-mail I wasn't going to read. I put on an interview, and made coffee. I exercised, drybrushed, meditated and tapped. The tapping was more effective this time. I wondered if I could trade my car for one with fewer 'features' and cruise control.
When I was done, I cleaned up the kitchen. I took a shower and got dressed. I rinsed the cashews and sunflower seeds that soaked all night. The recipe called for filtered water, but I had used it all up during my coffee morning. So I used fermented coconut milk instead. It took extra because it was thicker than water. I blended it in the Nutri-bullet. It was really fast. But the blades were hard to clean.
The bathmat was a little dirty because I had used it to dry the floor of the bathroom after Chris' shower. So I put on my shoes and went looking for the maid. Her cart was parked in front of a door down the hall and at sign on the door said “Housekeeping at work”. I knocked on the door but there was no answer. I waited, and then pulled a clean one from the cart and threw the dirty one in the hamper.
Then I went back to going through my e-mail. I listened to another video, this one on chronic stress and adrenal fatigue. The speaker recommended having a high fat/low carb breakfast and a low fat/high carb supper.
I called the church office to get Cecelia's number. I got to talk to Tamara, the church secretary, for a bit. I had to stand in the window to get good reception. Then I called Cecelia and had another nice chat. I made an appt to see her and her husband on Friday afternoon.
She asked for my cell number and I had to look it up on my Yahoo e-mail because I couldn't see it on the phone while talking. But after the call, I checked my phone and it was not the same number. I must have given her my flip phone number.
I made breakfast. I had removed the washcloth earlier to quiet the fridge. I don't know why it worked, but it needed stuffing again. So I stuffed the washcloth again. I ate breakfast reading e-mail. I read more about phytic acid in foods.
I heard Chris' flip phone ring. There wasn't enough money left on the phone for a phone call so I wrote down the number and e-mailed it to him.
I called Consumer Cellular to find out why I can't send pics with text. A message told me there was a 15 minute wait and put me on a call-back list. So I was able to hang up. I made salad and ate it before I got the callback. The agent walked me through all the fields I had to fill in under Settings. After I hung up, I resent a text from yesterday (which contained a pic) and it worked perfectly.
I saw an announcement that at Quilt Festival in Houston, they are planning to exhibit photos of quilts submitted by talented quilters around the world. The directions said to submit photos by e-mail, but they have to show the entire quilt and no background objects. So I spent hours looking through pictures of my quilts on Pinterest, my blog and my photo folders. Most of my quilt pictures are missing a corner or someone is in the pic, etc. I did find a few that just needed the feet and fingers deleted.
Chris came home from work and offered to go to post office. As we left the parking lot, it started to rain. I dropped him off in front of the building. I pulled into a parking space and the engine stopped. I put it in reverse and waited for the engine to stop but it didn't. I shut it off and waited for a bit, then started up and backed up as Chris was coming into the parking lot with a package. I drove us back to the hotel, and we went back to the room.
I went back to my blog and filled a folder with candidates. Then I chose one pic and called it up in Microsoft Paint. I was able to erase the background, but it wasn't easy or quick. I mailed it off, then started another one.
Chris went downstairs to check out the Wednesday night social. He came back with soft tacos filled with lettuce, tomatoes and beef. I ate some cheese from the farmer's market and some fruit. I finished the second picture and started a third one. There were fingers in the corner of the pic and I couldn't just erase them with out leaving a space. So I used the spraypaint tool to cover it in coordinating colors. Up close it looked terrible, but reduced to 100%, it was maybe ok.
Then Chris called up SHIELD on the DVD player. I sat on the bed with him and we watched two episodes. Then he was falling asleep. So I stayed up alone to post to my blog and cover all the electronic and LED lights so the room would be dark enough for me to sleep.
* Here is a quilt I saw at the Tuesday group. *

No comments: