Friday, September 15, 2017

A bushel and a peck

I got up thinking Chris had gone already. But he was out front, tearing down boxes at the curb. At this point, I didn't think the recycling truck was going to come before next week. He came in and we hugged for a minute, then he went outside to wait for Rob. I opened my laptop and checked available wi'fis to see what I was being exposed to. I went to each room and there was no less than 5, and ours was off. The laptop wouldn't show more than 7 so it could have been much more. Finally I turned ours on so I could check e-mail. Apparently ours is sending out two signals, a regular and a 5G. What's up with that?
I listened to a detox video on the Pain summit while I cut up a ginger root into very small slivers and simmered it on the stove. Take-aways: Fixing PH keeps parasites in intestines where you can treat them. Parasites are nocturnal and could be waking you up between 1 and 3 am. Their eggs can lay dormant for up to 18 months.
At 9 I called my tapping buddy. We tapped together for over an hour and both of us felt better. I made and ate breakfast. I watered the plants. Then I got in my car and drove to Beverly's house. It was a quick trip because all the lights seemed to be in my favor. On the other hand, I missed a turn and had to go the long way.
When I got there, she was ready. We got in her car and she drove us to the Scott's apple orchard in Hazel Green.
They had more than apples. I got a bag of sweet potatoes. They also had honey, jams and jellies, fruit butters, salsas, and cider. I asked the man what they spray on the apples and he said he didn't know, just that it was what the local university said to spray and that it degraded before they picked the apples. Hmm.
They had a few varieties of apples to choose from. I couldn't decide, so I filled a ½ peck bag with some of each. Beverly got more, but not just for herself. She said they'd have a lot more varieties next month.
We headed back to town. But on the way we stopped at the school where she works. She delivered a bag to the security guard there. When he heard I was a quilter too, he asked if I could make a Pittsburg Steelers quilt. I told him I didn't have that kind of fabric, but he talked like he was going to get some.
We went back to Beverly's house to drop off the apples and get my sewing machine from my car. We took it to Huntsville Sew-n-Vac for a part. But the man said it was discontinued. He also said he would look around for a used one.
Then we went back to Beverly's house. She had a pattern and material for a robe. I explained how to read the pattern envelop and the instructions. She also had a skeleton to quilt. I wasn't much help with that.
Finally I had to go. Just as I was leaving her neighborhood, Chris called me. I asked him to run by the post office since I wasn't sure I could make it in time. But the roads were busy in the OTHER direction and I had no trouble getting home in good time. While I waited for Chris, I ate an apple. And I poured concentrated ginger tea into egg molds – they were the closest things I could find to ice cube trays. When Chris got back, he brought me two packages from Swansons. I opened them and put the items away. He browned some ground beef and onions for supper. He also put some sweet potatoes in the oven. I checked e-mail, then ate supper. I went out on the back porch to read my book as the sun set. It was peaceful for a bit, but then our neighbor started sweeping her back porch and talking on the phone. I kept reading. But then she started spraying something so I went inside. I ate a papaya and saved the seeds. I read about how to sprout them. When the sweet potatoes were ready, Chris and I each ate one. I called Cecelia, and she asked if she could call me back in a few minutes. I washed all the dishes from supper and wiped the stove. I pried the ice cubes out of the jello egg molds and refilled one. I boiled the ginger slices again. Then we sat down to watch TV. We saw the last episode of Lucifer on the Netflix DVD. Then Chris wanted to watch Street Fighters on loan from the library. So we did, and I almost fell asleep. He went to bed and I stayed up to take my evening supplements and write to my blog.

No comments: