Wednesday, September 13, 2017

My first choir practice

I spent the night keeping my teeth apart so as not to put any pressure on that back tooth. Chris' alarm woke me up.
I brushed with my homemade coconut oil toothpaste. I drank several large glasses of lemon water. I put water on to boil and then tried to simmer coffee, but it wouldn't work. The flame kept going out. I tried all 4 burners with the same result.
I swished with sesame oil and listened to an interview with a dentist on the Parasite summit: Bad bacteria are normal bacteria whose balance has been upset. Coconut oil and many essential oils upset the balance of bacteria in the mouth: microbial homeostasis. If bacteria are in balance, swishing is unnecessary. The fluoride in toothpaste makes your teeth harder, but more brittle. The fluoride added to tap water is not the same as in the toothpaste. It is a waste product of the fertilizer manufacturing, aluminum manufacturing, and uranium enrichment; three large industries. It contains residues from the processing.
I put on some relaxing music. I tapped, and meditated. My tooth stopped aching. I was very happy about that, but I wondered what changed. Then I cleaned the kitchen and hall bath. I swept the living area with the dust mop. Finally, I made breakfast and added a little kefir. It was the consistency of a lightweight yogurt.
I took a shower, then listened to an interview on fermenting. She said veggies are healthy but fermented veggies are even better.
I prepared a sample of kefir for Karla and texted her. She did not text back. Chris called to say he needed me to pick him up at work at 4:15. I looked up how to simmer on a gas stove. There were several answers, but the one I liked best was so turn the burner grate 45 degrees. Then the pot sits farther from the flame. I tried it out and it worked.
I distributed items from a box in the laundry room. I took doubles out of the drawer and put them on a top shelf. I scattered coffee grounds over the flower beds (which only contain bushes). I worked in the garage, moving boxes and organizing.
I went looking for a flashlight, when I got Karla's message. It was 3:45. So I put the flashlight on my laptop for later. I dropped the kefir at Carla's, then stopped by the post office to pick up a package. From there, I went to Chris's office. I sat in the parking lot, repeatedly calling both his work number and mobile number. I tapped for a bit, then sang through all the choir music. He showed up just after 5, his meeting had run late. He said he had called me at 3:30 to say not to come until 4:30. We went home, but by way of the library so I could return one book and check out another.
Chris put cauliflower in the oven to bake. I used the flashlight to check out the items left in the bottom of a very tall box. I also moved some things around and lost track of the flashlight:( I went to the group of mailboxes for this street. I found some letters for Chris and a DVD from Netflix. Chris got out the DVD player and said it needed batteries for the remote. I took another look at e-mail and ate some of the cauliflower. It was really good.
Then I drove to the church for choir. The other altos were glad to see me. I hadn't sung much, but most of it came back. I realized I used to bring my tablet to keep me on pitch. The new organ was quite nice.
On the way home, I stopped at Publix for coconut milk, coconut water, and batteries. When I got home, I saw all the empty boxes and paper out for recycling. Chris said he would have asked for veggies if he had known I was going to the grocery store. I checked for new e-mail, and then we watched two episodes of Lucifer. It was a nice change from SHIELD.
Chris ran the dishwasher and went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* This is Bertha's other quilt that she lent us. *

No comments: